Exhaust advice

Anthony

Hi everyone, I'm looking to put a flowmaster on my tj it has the 4.0l. I was thinking the 40 series or maybe a super 40, what are some things I need to consider before buying?

Honestly, I don't think there's much to consider at all. If you find a muffler you like, just be sure to find a good and competent exhaust shop. That's what I did with mine, and they set me up with a nice muffler, new piping, etc. It looks great and sounds great!

Once it was all said and done, I think it was only $250 or so.

Nope, doesn't hurt at all! The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked!

I took a peak at the receipt and I have a 40 series on mine as well, I didn't even realize it. I love the way it sounds!

Reactions: JP13
Nope, doesn't hurt at all! The only dumb question is the one that isn't asked!

I took a peak at the receipt and I have a 40 series on mine as well, I didn't even realize it. I love the way it sounds!

How does the sound compare to stock? Louder? Deeper?

Did they pull your skid plate to install the exhaust? Or were they able to fish it thru without any trouble?

You know, I didn't actually watch them do it. However, I don't think they pulled the skid plate. I wasn't there for that long, maybe a few hours at most.

I could be wrong though!

How does the sound compare to stock? Louder? Deeper?

Definitely louder and deeper. It doesn't drone at all though, and it's not loud in a ricer Honda sort of way. It sounds exactly what you'd expect it would sound like. Throaty (but only under full throttle), but mild and deep when you're just cruising around.

Let's put it this way, with both kids in the back and the wife, no one has ever complained that it was too loud.

Reactions: JP13 and JP98
Chris, would you mind snapping a pic of your tailpipe at the back? I've bullfrogged my rear so much that I've pinched my stock pipe damn near closed...just wondering what yours looks like

Just had a 40 series installed today and I love it! Has a nice sound that's not to loud. Made it out 100 bucks even for the muffler and install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JP98