exhaust manifold and catalytic converter replacement

Ryan41

Hi guys I got a 99 with a noisy rattling cat so i was looking to replace it. Before i order my parts i was looking into where it mounts to the manifold and that didnt look in too good of shape. so I started it up and stuck my hand up there before it got too hot and sure enough on one of the welds of the manifold, I felt it spitting out air. so here is what I am looking at for parts whats everyones thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000JKNFPS/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I have heard good things about the magna-flow cat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777KPM18/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I am more concerned with making sure I get a good manifold and avoiding issues in the future.
If anyone has any better ideas feel free to let me know thanks!

The '98 XJ 4.0L that I owned for 21 years went thru 6 exhaust manifolds. Two OEM Mopar and 4 Gale Banks...
Always ended up with the same problem of an exhaust leak after a couple years due to expansion where the tubular runs join.
Granted I did a lot of Rock Crawling with that Jeep.

The '98 XJ 4.0L that I owned for 21 years went thru 6 exhaust manifolds. Two OEM Mopar and 4 Gale Banks...
Always ended up with the same problem of an exhaust leak after a couple years due to expansion where the tubular runs join.
Granted I did a lot of Rock Crawling with that Jeep.

You went through *TWO* OEM Mopar exhaust manifolds? Damn, and I just spent $400 on a genuine Mopar manifold hoping it would be better than the cheaper $100 Ebay/Amazon specials that I only get a year or two out of.

With the Banks manifold, did you get the re-designed "Revolver" exhaust manifold? I heard that these were supposed to be better than the older OEM style design..

What are you using now?

The replacement OEM cracked within a several years; the 1st Banks I had was their Original design (around 2001) was the one with the thicker mounting flanges. Each of the following replacements were supposedly the NEW and IMPROVED manifold with changes in the tube routing to better control expansion and more performance. After purchasing the 1st Banks; each of the replacements were FREE under WARRANTY....
Not sure if the design was called the "Revolver"; the name Torque Tube sounds familiar.