Exogate customer service

DC0046

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
i have lost an acorn nut on the top hinge of my Exogate. Sent an email and have called them three times and voice mail each time (Gr8Tops). No calls back. One email a week ago stating they would have to check with their Mfg. Yes I know I can find an chrome acorn nut myself, but that isn’t the point. I like the gate, but for me their customer service sucks! Think about that before you order one. To me, the worst thing a company can do is ignore their customers.

Man, sorry to hear this. I haven’t talked to them since last bought mine years ago.

Maybe I should go check my nuts.... in I mean, er, never mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: JMT
Is this a warranty issue or are you wanting to purchase an acorn nut from Exogate?

What part is that peeling? Can’t tell from the pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It really give me heartburn when I see posts like this, complaining online about crummy customer service when you really don't need ANY customer service. Its a nut...plain and simple. Why even bother them? They have a business to run, and expecting them to drop everything for a 1.00 piece of hardware is a bit unrealistic, IMHO.

Reactions: AtlWrangler99
I got one from ExtremeTerrain recently under MORyde. When it came it was missing the huge hunk of metal that goes around the taillight, and I went through ET support, which did the contacting to the manufacturer for me, they shipped and sent me the replacement no questions asked decently quick so I was happy enough with that support.

Well, for those of you who said just purchase an acorn nut, just read my original post. Yes I know I can purchase one. Again, that isnt the point. @Ranger_b0b, sorry to give your heart burn. I hope you have a quick recovery. One of the questions I was going to ask was the size, BUT before you respond, YES I can take the nut off the bottom hinge and mic it. That's not the fucking point. These gates are expensive and at the very least they could have done is return my call. As I stated, I like the gate, their customer service SUCKS. One of the issues is they dont even answer the telephone and they dont return calls. My purpose of the post was to inform that their customer service SUCKS! Oh yea, I lost the nut and never expected them to send me one free. BUT I damn sure would have accepted it if they offered.

And yes, I know there are bigger issues out there, but that isnt the point.

Just go to the hardware store and buy a nut. Stop being irritating over a lost 15 cent part that isn't their fault.

If it is their fault, just go to the hardware store. Things happen. No one died....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Just go to the hardware store and buy a nut. Stop being irritating over a lost 15 cent part that isn't their fault.

If it is their fault, just go to the hardware store. Things happen. No one was hurt....
You are absolutely right. That is what I will do. Just pissed me off to be dismissed that way. I think Ill have another drink.