Exogate with aftermarket spare tire carrier

I just installed the Exogate on my '06 TJ and the 33 12.5 tires are nowhere near the rubber snuggers, when using the included offset brackets with OEM spare carrier... I'll try without them and report back...

https://www.hylineoffroad.com/jeep_parts/jeep_tj_and_yj_oversized_tire_mount
With some slight trimming of the exogate plate, it hugs the body nice and tight. I run it with a 35” tire and no snubber extensions - they press perfectly.
I like that one. I modified my factory mount. Heated and bent the top lip down and welded extensions on bottom. Stock snubbers on top and cut one exogate extension in half to space the bottom snubber out.
Held my 33s perfect. Then this happened- D5DDB314-234B-4059-B4D9-17D1F090926C.jpegCC06C779-B959-4429-95DB-6B98D97FD76E.jpeg

I kept reading all the suggestions found in this forum last night and just had to go tackle the task at hand. By midnight, I concluded that the riser brackets were necessary with the 285/75R16 Nitto Terra Grappler on a 16x9 Helo 878 wheel. Without them, this particular tire setup did not clear the OEM bumper, even with the slightly higher body space created by the polyurethane body mounts. 1st thing on the agenda today will be Harbor Freight for 3 rubber mallets. You guys are truly the BEST!!!!