Bad Experience with Synergy Ball Joints

Worst ball joints ever for our TJs, that's why when there are ball joint threads there are several of us who will warn against installing Synergy's ball joints.

Especially that their knurled outer surface totally effs up the inside ball joint seating surface, as you experienced, which then causes them to need to be replaced. Or by using something like a nail punch tool and a BFH you might get away with heavily dimpling the inside surface where the new ball joints mount to give them a tighter fit.

I installed them in 2014 after a set of Moogs failed very prematurely. I searched online at the time but couldn't find people with actual experience. In fact, I remember several posts by @mrblaine asking people for their experience. So I took a flier on them.

For the first of those years, it was a trail only vehicle so I didn't put on many miles.

Needless to say, I regret it today. Maybe the worst choice I've made for my wrangler.

I'm working on ways to save the C's. Loctite 638 coming on Friday. Dimpling tooling is ready to go.

This may seem crazy, but I've also wondered about tacking the BJ to the C with my TIG welder. I'm sure there's a good reason not to do this (like applying too much heat to the BJ and losing temper) but I'd be interested in more experienced peoples' guidance.

Reactions: Chris
I realize I'm likely the only person with a positive experience with Synergy ball joints. I've had mine installed for 7 years and over 64,000 miles. I even swapped them over when I built my HP30 axle 2 years ago because they were still good. I'm getting ready to go thru the front end components again. I won't be surprised if I've jinxed myself now . 😆