Extending rear brake line for stretch

02GreenTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Hey everyone, I'm going to stretch my rear axle 5-6 inches with a genright tank and wanted to know what some of you go to for the rear brake line. I was thinking that it the easiest method would just be to get a longer soft line. If anyone has any recommendations, part numbers, or photos I would greatly appreciate it. I will be doing a mid arm style suspension and running 12 inch coilovers. Thanks!

Reactions: Sj's TJ
well.. I took it to a shop and they made me this.. not sure if it helps since it is not a "kit" but they have been good for more than one year and I do wheel my TJ..

1674670292886.jpeg

Reactions: sideproject
Hey everyone, I'm going to stretch my rear axle 5-6 inches with a genright tank and wanted to know what some of you go to for the rear brake line. I was thinking that it the easiest method would just be to get a longer soft line. If anyone has any recommendations, part numbers, or photos I would greatly appreciate it. I will be doing a mid arm style suspension and running 12 inch coilovers. Thanks!

I don't have a picture at the moment, but what I did was straighten out the hard line and welded a new tab closer to the rear axle on my 5" stretch. The extended soft line I already had on there provided plenty of slack for full stuff and full droop. I'll look to get a picture here shortly.

Reactions: 02GreenTJ
Thanks I ended up ordering an extended soft line the other day to do the exact same thing. Your Jeep is good inspiration for my project. I have my stretch tank and am waiting on JJ's for my links then it'll be ready to go.

Sorry for the late response. Sounds good. Let me know if you have any questions!