Extension stuck in pilot bearing

06TJ35's

TJ Addict
So me any my buddy are replacing his clutch on his 93 Toyota pickup we were trying the grease method and got the extension stuck. Any ideas on getting it off?

0C020C6F-FA54-4DDC-840A-0696450418B3.jpeg

I might try to heat the extension with a heat gun or hair dryer then after the bearing gets a little heat put an ice cube on the extension to cool it. When it's cool enough to touch pull it.

I might try to heat the extension with a heat gun or hair dryer then after the bearing gets a little heat put an ice cube on the extension to cool it. When it's cool enough to touch pull it.

I heated the extension with a torch then put ice and it still won’t budge.

Is the extension bottomed out?

Yes it’s all the way in.

Time to get creative. You could drill through if you have the bits to relieve the pressure but you'd need some hard bits... Then you'd need an actual puller to get the bearing out.

Ideally what I would do is tack weld a slide hammer onto that extension and have at it

order one, youll be glad you have one on hand at some point. they come in handy when you have that one odd job like what you were up against here. my dad, neighbor and i have made all sorts of one time use hand made odd attachments we can thread on the end of the hammer to accomplish whatever we struggle with.

Reactions: qslim and 06TJ35's