Fabric bow strap question

03coloradowrangler

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ive replaced the soft top itself, but messed with the fabric bow straps earlier this season & cant find a definite answer on how the strap attaches to the rear bow.

i am not sure if ive assembled it correctly and am having difficulty finding info on if the fabric strap simply attaches to the rear bow with the 3 screws or if it wraps around the bow once after screwing it to the bow before heading to the bow tube around the sound bar area.

sorry for my fantastic art skills, wanted to attempt to share a visual. fabric straps are indicated as red and bow frames are black.
bow.png

When I got my TJ one strap was broken, the other side missing. I removed the one strap too and have had nno issue with the top staying tight. Pretty sure it's a factory top because it came with the hard top also. I don't even bother using the snaps that go on above the rear bow (above the tailgate). Just the clips at the rear corners is all i use (no windows came with).

i managed to find the correct info after work. its simply just attached at the rear bow and runs to the one in front, no wraps required. they're a saggy but the way its designed.

Recently I replaced the soft top on the '01 Sport and found one strap missing and the other 3" strap was broken. I purchased 1.5" strap material at Home Depot, measured the length of the old 3 strap and cut 4 new 1.5" straps. The straps were held on from the factory with large headed pop rivets. Drilled out the old pop rivets and reattached the straps between the hoops. The factory strap had a 180* wrap around hoop before the pop rivet was installed.