Facebook marketplace scam

i'd love to catch the people who do this kind of shit. they wouldn't do it again, hard to use a phone when you have no fingers !!!!!

Have you been living under a veil? :D

They will text or email you and say "I want to make sure you are a real person so im going to send you a code and you reply"
I don't do texting - but what is this code and what does it do?

I did - doesn't make much sense to me, but it sounds like a smartphone affliction.
You must be a flip phone guy? I was at Verizon the other day and they have a sweet flip phone, the buttons are huge!!! They practically give those away compared to the new version of iPhone etc..

This was something the "guy" giving away the trailer in Ohio tried on my buddy who was going to pick it up for me if it actually was real. The trailer was posted on craigs list but shared here in the for sale finds.

• Wow
Reactions: WSS and Modoc Guy
If you want a good laugh there is a youtube channel where a hacker takes phone calls from scammers and deletes all their info and makes them cry/beg over the phone. they're hilarious

This was something the "guy" giving away the trailer in Ohio tried on my buddy who was going to pick it up for me if it actually was real. The trailer was posted on craigs list but shared here in the for sale finds.
You mean the fucktard that called me a clown and then put me on ignore? With the chicken fish head smoker avatar?

If that’s the case he should be banned.

You mean the fucktard that called me a clown and then put me on ignore? With the chicken fish head smoker avatar?

If that’s the case he should be banned.
Are we talking about Jeff777 or whatever his username is on here? If so it's weird that he would be trying to scam people since he's been on the forum for a bit and has lots of postings?

Reactions: Apparition
You must be a flip phone guy? I was at Verizon the other day and they have a sweet flip phone, the buttons are huge!!! They practically give those away compared to the new version of iPhone etc..
Reluctantly a flip phone guy - I'd rather not have any cell phone at all, but the dearth of pay phones makes it one a necessity - esp. if you daily a 36 year old car! I had a "bag phone" back in the day - used it for 18 years until they turned off the old analog (G1) cell service. As far as cell phones go, that bag phone was by FAR my favorite, it had nice big buttons, and a REAL handset. It went away in 2007 if I remember correctly, and I'm on my 5th phone since then - I got tired of them breaking so I've had a rugged flip for the last 4 years. Hopefully, it'll be both usable (4G) and won't break for many more years.

Verizon seems to have the best selection of flip phones - and particularly rugged flip phones.

Are we talking about Jeff777 or whatever his username is on here? If so it's weird that he would be trying to scam people since he's been on the forum for a bit and has lots of postings?
Yes, He spammed nearly every forum area in order to get his post count up.

He hadn’t been here long.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: P man
Reluctantly a flip phone guy - I'd rather not have any cell phone at all, but the dearth of pay phones makes it one a necessity - esp. if you daily a 36 year old car! I had a "bag phone" back in the day - used it for 18 years until they turned off the old analog (G1) cell service. As far as cell phones go, that bag phone was by FAR my favorite, it had nice big buttons, and a REAL handset. It went away in 2007 if I remember correctly, and I'm on my 5th phone since then - I got tired of them breaking so I've had a rugged flip for the last 4 years. Hopefully, it'll be both usable (4G) and won't break for many more years.

Verizon seems to have the best selection of flip phones - and particularly rugged flip phones.
Bag phones may not have been cool but if you were stuck in BFE they would work..I used to have alot of logging customers that carried them because of that very reason.

Or go totally retro and get a pager