Facing two problems with my 2006 TJ

Bus3ayed

hello guys how you doing wish you all are having a good time ..

i have 2 problems in my jeep tj
the first one
fuse #7 in the compartment it is blown and when i plug a new fuse i try to shift the gear it squeals really hard any one can help ?

the second one i just purchased rear led tail light it looks really good but i cant configure how to wire it

the one i purchased i ordered them form the us and my car has the tri color export tail light

wires that came with the new pair :
1- reverse light white
2- ground black
3 - brake turn signal red
4 - running light brown

the og ones has
1 - brake and running together
2 - turn signal
3 - reverse lights

Are you just wanting the U.S. style tail lights versus the export style? It would probably be easier (plug and play) to buy a new set of export tail lights.

As far as the actual wiring of the U.S. style onto an export vehicle, I don‘t have a useful answer, but some others here that are better at wiring that I am may be able to help.

I'll throw this out for the heck of it. I don't recall what the #7 fuse controls. But I'm thinking whatever it is makes a direct short, and the squealing may be the alternator belt as the alt loads up and tries to compensate for the massive electrical load. The tail lights. Every vehicle Ive installed a trailer hitch and wiring that had "import" tail lights, Toyota, VW, Nissan etc. , used a separate turn, stop and tail bulb. Because of that you had to install a converter box to allow you to use basic USA type trailer lights or in your case tail lights I'm thinking. Those use only a single 1157 bulb, These have 2 elements in them, the smaller dim one for the running lights, the other visibly bigger internal filament is the stop one. Its also cuts in and out when the blinkers are turned on via the vehicle wiring and turn signal can. So basically US type lights need the chassis ground, a brown wire for running, green for right turn/brake and yellow for the left turn/brake. I don't know if you can get a converter for a export TJ that will allow use of USA type tail lights but that is where I think you need to research

Are you just wanting the U.S. style tail lights versus the export style? It would probably be easier (plug and play) to buy a new set of export tail lights.

As far as the actual wiring of the U.S. style onto an export vehicle, I don‘t have a useful answer, but some others here that are better at wiring that I am may be able to help.

thanks for the answer and sorry for the late reply .. actually i have the export one and i would like to put on the smoked led with the us style but having a hard time figuring the wires tho

Reactions: MountaineerTom
I'll throw this out for the heck of it. I don't recall what the #7 fuse controls. But I'm thinking whatever it is makes a direct short, and the squealing may be the alternator belt as the alt loads up and tries to compensate for the massive electrical load. The tail lights. Every vehicle Ive installed a trailer hitch and wiring that had "import" tail lights, Toyota, VW, Nissan etc. , used a separate turn, stop and tail bulb. Because of that you had to install a converter box to allow you to use basic USA type trailer lights or in your case tail lights I'm thinking. Those use only a single 1157 bulb, These have 2 elements in them, the smaller dim one for the running lights, the other visibly bigger internal filament is the stop one. Its also cuts in and out when the blinkers are turned on via the vehicle wiring and turn signal can. So basically US type lights need the chassis ground, a brown wire for running, green for right turn/brake and yellow for the left turn/brake. I don't know if you can get a converter for a export TJ that will allow use of USA type tail lights but that is where I think you need to research

hello , thanks for the answer actually the squealing from under the car i think it comes from the gearbox only while shifting to reverse
trying to shift to D or N or P i hear nothing only on the reverse even the mechanic couldnt figure out and he said maybe we should change the wire kit for the gearbox .. and here is really hard to find the wires ..

about the tail light i have these and i want to change it for these i bought them but couldnt know how to config the wiring

447ACE56-FC1A-4C97-95B7-4DE9CBD3177B.jpeg

79640819-C84E-45FE-AFCC-A2F68CEB1B58.jpeg

You may be able to get the lights to work with a trailer lighting adapter,maybe.

As far as the electrical/fuse goes. Does the noise go away with out the fuse installed? What does not work when the fuse is blown/ removed? What does the fuse control?

Reactions: NskLJ
You may be able to get the lights to work with a trailer lighting adapter,maybe.

As far as the electrical/fuse goes. Does the noise go away with out the fuse installed? What does not work when the fuse is blown/ removed? What does the fuse control?

the reverse light also dont work when its blown

image.jpg

hello guys how you doing wish you all are having a good time ..

i have 2 problems in my jeep tj
the first one
fuse #7 in the compartment it is blown and when i plug a new fuse i try to shift the gear it squeals really hard any one can help ?

the second one i just purchased rear led tail light it looks really good but i cant configure how to wire it

the one i purchased i ordered them form the us and my car has the tri color export tail light

wires that came with the new pair :
1- reverse light white
2- ground black
3 - brake turn signal red
4 - running light brown

the og ones has
1 - brake and running together
2 - turn signal
3 - reverse lights

You will need two diodes per side.
Wire the brake wire and turn signal wire to the input side and attach the output side to the brake lights on the new lamps. The rest of the wires go one to one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VARG8K/?tag=wranglerorg-20

well i tried now to put a new fuse on and when puting the gear on R for a few times when the car is switched off but the switch is on only .. the starter went off i guess maybe its from the starter ?
the mechanic told me that you have. a ghost in ur vehicle lol
im so confused atm

You will need two diodes per side.
Wire the brake wire and turn signal wire to the input side and attach the output side to the brake lights on the new lamps. The rest of the wires go one to one.

[URL][URL]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003VARG8K/?tag=wranglerorg-20[/URL][/URL]

well thanks for the help i have these led lights well it work because i have a friend told me that it wont work you should get a new pair . note : that my new led has the ( brake / turn signal in the same wire )

EBD02D75-AE16-4AFD-A1BE-28C69F6379D8.jpeg

well thanks for the help i have these led lights well it work because i have a friend told me that it wont work you should get a new pair . note : that my new led has the ( brake / turn signal in the same wire )

View attachment 389616

Yes, if you use the diode block, I’m sorry you only need 1 per lamp there is two diodes inside each block. The diode block allow the brake and turn signals to feed the power to the tail lamp but not feed back up the other wire. Think of a one way valve for electricity.

Are you sure the brake lights don’t stay constant when brakes are pushed and turn signal is on?

You did use a trailer 3-2 converter right?