Factory coil springs with 4.5” worth of spacers

Easton j

I recently bought a 98 TJ nice skyjacker lift jasper dana 44 in the rear. For whatever reason instead of putting bigger coils with the lift they stacked two spacer on top of the factory coils. Just wanting some second opinions I should be able to measure how thick my spacers are and buy that size lift coils right?

Wrong section, but just assuming the rest of the lift is good when they did that kind of jackassery doesn't seem like a good idea to me. I think you need to go through it and see what you have and figure out what all needs replacing besides just the springs.

Reactions: never monday
I recently bought a 98 TJ nice skyjacker lift jasper dana 44 in the rear. For whatever reason instead of putting bigger coils with the lift they stacked two spacer on top of the factory coils. Just wanting some second opinions I should be able to measure how thick my spacers are and buy that size lift coils right?
Measure your true lift.

Factory was 12” front and 8” rear. Measure the coil plus the spacer. Anything over 12” is your true lift in front. Anything over 8” rear is your true lift rear. Don’t include the factory coil spring isolator which is the rubber piece that should be above the spacer. Then you’ll wasn’t to buy a spring that will give you close to that amount of lift. You may still need a thinner spacer up front to get things just right.

Measure your true lift.

Factory was 12” front and 8” rear. Measure the coil plus the spacer. Anything over 12” is your true lift in front. Anything over 8” rear is your true lift rear. Don’t include the factory coil spring isolator which is the rubber piece that should be above the spacer. Then you’ll wasn’t to buy a spring that will give you close to that amount of lift. You may still need a thinner spacer up front to get things just right.
Thanks this is the information I needed.