Factory fog light and switch for 98 TJ (DELETE not needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDB55

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
The 98 Sahara I just purchased has factory fog lights but no switch to turn them on! Any thoughts? And one foglight the black can and trim ring are cracked

Thanks! If you can figure shipping to 28023 and let me know how much. And how you accept payment.

Didn’t some of the early models have the rocker switch under the HVAC controls?

I thought they did. If so, XJ Cherokees has the same switch. Wire colors might be different though. I got an XJ switch and wired my rear lights in my bumper up to it.

I got the switch and pigtail off eBay.

7DAC8320-D086-4A47-A9FB-21A655241D9D.jpeg

So your foglights dont turn on by pulling out on the end of the turn signal? Just curious.
I think mine is supposed to have a rocker switch beside the ashtray with the rear window wiper switch and rear defroster switch but there is a blank plug there?

You may have the wiring already there for the switch.

The blanks come out. Mine had one too.

I think mine is supposed to have a rocker switch beside the ashtray with the rear window wiper switch and rear defroster switch but there is a blank plug there?
Ok. Got it. Only thing I have is the o/d switch by the ashtray.
Mine is a 2004, they must have move the fog light switch up to the turn signal at some point.
So I am assuming that someone added the factory fogs and didnt complete the job with a fog light switch.😁

Ok. Got it. Only thing I have is the o/d switch by the ashtray.
Mine is a 2004, they must have move the fog light switch up to the turn signal at some point.
So I am assuming that someone added the factory fogs and didnt complete the job with a fog light switch.😁
It’s strange, i pulled the build sheet and it came with factory fogs but why doesn’t it have the switch?

2002 and on the stalk. Took me a while to figure out but if it works a little light will illuminate in the upper left corner

99 Sahara came stock with bumper mounted ones and the switch by the ashtray. Relay is behind the glove box. All working. Even power to the indicator light on the switch... but no fog lights. Switched out the old Grotes for new xenon ditch-lookers only to find I have no power to the lights.
Am I going to have to chase the wire through the harness looking for a broken or rusted wire or just cut my losses and rewire the lot to the switch/ relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.