Factory half door armor

I paid $270 with the GR coupon. That's a helluva price hike.

Reactions: Irun
Motobilt has a 1/4” gap all the way around, personally I would go with genright for a better fit and finish.
I installed the Genright set on a previous Jeep and the fit was definitely nice. I'm only hesitating because of the $100, or 33% price jump. :(

Most metals are going up. In the construction industry, we are experiencing 30+% price increases in metals and materials recently.

Edit: it will be interesting to see what the demand for materials does to prices once the rebuild/restoration efforts take stride as a result from the major Winter storm that just swept throughout the country.

Last edited:
Most metals are going up. In the construction industry, we are experiencing 30+% price increases in metals and materials recently.

Edit: it will be interesting to see what the demand for materials does to prices once the rebuild/restoration efforts take stride as a result from the major Winter storm that just swept throughout the country.
Probably go up another 20%. Now can't by 2x4s or Jeep parts. This crap needs to stop! :mad:

Reactions: taylormade73
Steel prices have definitely gone up. My company just experienced a 30-50% increase. We're trying to hold prices but that won't happen in the long run.

GenRight always has a 10% off coupon and regularly has 15% off sales.

I would go GenRight all the way. That's what I am doing with mine.

With factory half doors becoming harder and harder to find, much less interior panels, I would ditch the factory doors for wheeling and go with Savvy aluminum trail doors. Or like mentioned above, no doors.
That's not the real issue or problem I'm solving. The rear will have full Savvy armor (Rockers, Corners, and tailgate).

In front of the door will have this
https://genright.com/products/tj-lj-tall-tub-panel-guards-aluminum.html
That means I won't have a smooth body line, due to the 3/16 difference with no armor on the door. This is what I did on a previous build, and I'm looking to repeat/improve.
hU1Plqx.jpg