Factory Rubicon Locker Issues After Relocating to ABS Tray

mattcogdell

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
After completing my savvy under armor skids and relocating my locker pumps to the abs tray I've encountered several problems. It takes a while for the pumps to engage and disengage. Mostly having issues with the front not so much the rear. Not sure what would be causing this. I inspected all my lines prior to reinstalling and found no issues. Any ideas for things to check?

Compressor running the entire time or most of the time? If so there's a leak somewhere. Start spraying all the hoses and hose connections with soapy water with the compressor running. Look for bubbles.
Jerry I was originally testing it driving around the neighborhood while encountering issues. The other night I went out into the garage stuck it in 4lo with engine off. Lockers engage and disengage perfectly. No leaks no waiting. Any idea why it was finicky while driving (slowly) ?

Jerry I was originally testing it driving around the neighborhood while encountering issues. The other night I went out into the garage stuck it in 4lo with engine off. Lockers engage and disengage perfectly. No leaks no waiting. Any idea why it was finicky while driving (slowly) ?
You were driving on the street in 4Lo?

After a certain mph the pumps disengage, could you have went over that limit?
I was under 10mph
What did the soapy water tell you? ;)
I didn't try soapy water since the pumps do not continually run. They come on, pressurize, then lock. I'm going to do another road test tomorrow due to that being the only time I had any issues. In the garage they test perfect. We have plans to wheel this weekend so I am trying to find any little issues before hand.

How often do the pumps cycle? It doesn't take much to blow bubbles, and the pump doesn't need to run in order to make them.

How often do the pumps cycle? It doesn't take much to blow bubbles, and the pump doesn't need to run in order to make them.
They cycle once. Lock and stay engaged. Unlock and you can hear them purge off the air.