Factory speaker identification help

Biker605

I am looking for help identifying if these speakers that came in my 98 TJ were a factory option and if anyone knows anything about them. I am have a difficult time tracking down info on Google. Thanks for everyone’s help in advance!

5FE62E0C-6B3E-4940-92DB-11CE9E0A1C52.jpeg

B62A26F5-EF07-4666-A2B4-DADB5B1DEF6F.jpeg

The factory soundbar for the 98 was one long piece with speakers at the ends, so that's not factory for 1998. They went with separate pods in 2003 and newer but those don't even look like what's in my '04 IIRC. A photo that shows it straight on to better see that small black square next to the speaker would be helpful but I don't recall that on mine.

This is what the 97-02 Jeep sound bar looked like...

Capture.JPG

Reactions: John Cooper
The factory soundbar for the 98 was one long piece with speakers at the ends, so that's not factory for 1998. They went with separate pods in 2003 and newer but those don't even look like what's in my '04 IIRC. A photo that shows it straight on to better see that small black square next to the speaker would be helpful but I don't recall that on mine.

Could that be like a InstaTrunk speaker setup?

It's new to me also.

Interesting; I've never seen that. Looks like a speaker version of the insta-trunk / add-a-trunk.

If it's from the factory, I'm going to guess that it was an upgrade option on later models? Tell us what you learn.

Edit: Are you saying that you're sure it came as a factory option in 98?

Reactions: John Cooper