Factory speaker upgrade question

jeeperboy04

I have a 2004 Jeep wrangler sport and the speakers have dry rotted and am looking to replace/upgrade them. I have pods for a sound bar that (from what I've read) only fit 5.25" speakers and in the dash i have 4" component speakers with what i believe are 1" tweeters. i found a pair of kicker 5.25" 41DSC54 to replace the back speakers but am wondering if i should stay with 4" components in the front or upgrade to 5.25" in the dash too. i haven't decided if i should replace the sub in the center console or add a sub, box, and amp (regardless the sub will happen later on down the road. mostly concerned with the rear pods and the dash at the moment.

I updated my front speakers to 5.25 from the 4x6 factory size. To be honest, I don't notice much of a difference. Since both speakers were Polk Audios, I think that either way it's such an improvement over the factory speakers that you won't notice either way.

If you want to make your sound system sound amazing, check out this write-up I did:
Upgrading the sound system on your Jeep Wrangler TJ

I think I spent less than $700 total, but it sounds absolutely amazing. At 70 mph with the top and doors off while driving down the highway, you can hear the music loud and clear!

The bass from that little sub is pretty amazing too! Way more than you would imagine. I had to turn the subwoofer volume level to 5 (half), because of how friggin' loud it was at 10.