Factory style switches

Jeepersteve71

TJ Enthusiast
Has anyone posted a thread for installing factory style switches? Our 06 LJ doesn't have factory switches currently. I found these on amazon and I like the idea of these more than drilling holes into the dash.

IMG_4677.JPG
IMG_4678.PNG
IMG_4679.PNG

The blanks just pop out and the factory styled ones pop in. They r great, I installed them for my windshield mounted spots. Don't drill holes or buy cheesy looking switches. Just remove the bottom panel, take a flat heat to remove the blanks. It's that easy. Make sure to get the factory style switches WITH attached pig tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The blanks just pop out and the factory styled ones pop in. They r great, I installed them for my windshield mounted spots. Don't drill holes or buy cheesy looking switches. Just remove the bottom panel, take a flat heat to remove the blanks. It's that easy. Make sure to get the factory style switches WITH attached pig tail.

Got it! Thanks!

Reactions: IronCity
I just picked up this one but haven't installed it yet.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HEMUXKO/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I believe the blanks just pop out and these pop in.

Would you happen to still have the wiring paper that came with that switch? I bought two and extended the wires to go through the firewall while I was installing my locker compressor switches. I thought it would save time later if they were already there for lighting. Sadly, I mistakenly threw away the pinout to the switches. I'm sure I could figure it out with a multimeter, but this would be faster. The R/L and F/L are the two I bought.
84ddc77fbf72c3d3b86b9c2eee6991a6.jpg

Would you happen to still have the wiring paper that came with that switch? I bought two and extended the wires to go through the firewall while I was installing my locker compressor switches. I thought it would save time later if they were already there for lighting. Sadly, I mistakenly threw away the pinout to the switches. I'm sure I could figure it out with a multimeter, but this would be faster. The R/L and F/L are the two I bought. View attachment 10503

Unfortunately I'm at work and the paper is at home on my workbench. I'll grab it tomorrow morning and snap a pic.

Would you happen to still have the wiring paper that came with that switch? I bought two and extended the wires to go through the firewall while I was installing my locker compressor switches. I thought it would save time later if they were already there for lighting. Sadly, I mistakenly threw away the pinout to the switches. I'm sure I could figure it out with a multimeter, but this would be faster. The R/L and F/L are the two I bought. View attachment 10503

Sorry for the delay. I plain forgot until I got to messing around with my switch today.
f38bec88ac3a8aa51ad40d826beacae2.jpg

Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted but it's what I can help with...
black ground, white accessory relay, red hot. Far left pin in my switch is unused.

Reactions: Jeepersteve71
Sorry for the delay. I plain forgot until I got to messing around with my switch today.
View attachment 10788
Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted but it's what I can help with...
black ground, white accessory relay, red hot. Far left pin in my switch is unused.

Yes, this is what I was after. I knew one of the wires had to power the bulb in some manner. I will mark the wires so I know when I go in to install something what they are. Thank you for taking the time to send this to me.

Reactions: FF_Jeep
Just got done installing one switch. This may be a dumb question but is the light on the switch always supposed to stay on? Even when the jeep is off?View attachment 10897
I haven't had the chance to run my wires to the fuse box yet, they're all bundled up behind the switch right now. If the light is wired to be a constant on, wouldn't we be able to change that by swapping the hot wire with the relay wire?

I haven't had the chance to run my wires to the fuse box yet, they're all bundled up behind the switch right now. If the light is wired to be a constant on, wouldn't we be able to change that by swapping the hot wire with the relay wire?

Yes, I would think so!