Factory subwoofer wiring

Briscoe44

Supporting Member
Looking for help with all the wires that run into my center console. What are the for. I have an 04 rubi with the factory sub option. I pulled it apart yesterday to prep the floor for bed lining and saw that there is a huge wiring harness that ties in there. Is this all just for the stereo? And if I am going to change my stereo can I just cut it out? Thanks in advance.

20190518_185312.jpg

Looking for help with all the wires that run into my center console. What are the for. I have an 04 rubi with the factory sub option. I pulled it apart yesterday to prep the floor for bed lining and saw that there is a huge wiring harness that ties in there. Is this all just for the stereo? And if I am going to change my stereo can I just cut it out? Thanks in advance.

View attachment 94479
Yes, that's all for the subwoofer.
The amplifier for the sub is included in the enclosure so a lot of wires need to be run to the sub. If you want to confirm, look up the wiring diagram in the FSM to see what each wire does:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ice-manuals-fsm-technical-documentation.4618/
I replaced my subwoofer as well. I simply covered the connector in electrical tape and left it hidden. I also gutted the amplifier in the stock enclosure to get rid of unnecessary weight

Seems like a lot but it ties into all four of the factory speakers. I would tape it out of the way, such a pain for the next owner if you cut the harness.

I have a 2005 LJ with factory amp in center console .
I took out the crappy factory sub, cut out the lip that it sat in, and installed a Pioneer TS-SW2002D2 subwoofer. It fit nicely, and only costs $70. Helps the sound out a lot, and fits in the center console of my LJ.

Its a dual coil sub just like the factory, and 2 ohm, which is also the same. The red and brown wires are positive, the grey and black are negative (you have to cut the female connectors off as the Pioneer has a spring clip that accepts bare wire.

Reactions: JoseA and skrelnik
My center console and sub were a bit torn up by a PO, so I removed all previous work and installed a small, thin powered Kenwood sub... Had to weld a bracket and modify the center console slightly (lost a bit of the already small storage area), but it sounds and works great considering the small size and space. Added a bit of sound deadening mat to the inside of the plastic console to control rattle/buzz as well.

87662A61-192B-4C1C-AC1E-E2AEB31559AB.jpeg

Reactions: skrelnik