Oregon Factory wiring for TJ hardtop (not originally equipped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFC

Price
$200
I've got the wiring/parts for 1999 TJ (fog lights, but no AC) that wasn't optioned with the hardtop from the factory. I imagine it may fit other years, but not sure which.

This includes:

- Factory rear tub harness with wiring for a hardtop
- Factory dash harness with wiring for the defrost and wiper switches.
- Factory rear defrost switch
- Factory rear wiper switch
- Dual pump washer reservoir with pumps

$200 obo

Last edited:
You must have sold the hardtop fast..I emailed you wanting it

You must have sold the hardtop fast..I emailed you wanting it
Shoots, I supposed I should have put it up here first, old habits die hard (using craigslist for everything). The guy who bought was the first person to email, so I figured I'd give him first right of refusal.

Reactions: P man
Shoots, I supposed I should have put it up here first, old habits die hard (using craigslist for everything). The guy who bought was the first person to email, so I figured I'd give him first right of refusal.
No worries

The wiring is hard to find. I imagine this will go fairly quick.

I’ve got an 05 LJ without factory wiring and a newly acquired hard top. Any idea if this would be compatible? How bout a part number for this kit so I can research?

I’ve got an 05 LJ without factory wiring and a newly acquired hard top. Any idea if this would be compatible? How bout a part number for this kit so I can research?
I don't have part numbers, but given your jeep is longer, I don't think it'll work without extensive modification.

Check with this place....I got my hardtop harnesses from them at a very reasonable price ($125 for both harnesses). Mine is not an LJ, but he might have what you need.

http://www.briskeymountain4wd.com

Pretty confident the only place you will find this is at a junkyard. Its been discontinued by Jeep.

Did they source the washer reservoir, buttons, etc or just the wiring harness for you? I submitted a request on their website. Thanks!
I got everything from them. Both harnesses ($125), Wiper/Defrost switches ($40), and Dual Pump Washer Bottle ($30). Bruce is the owner. When I bought mine, he said he had a bunch more.....just not sure if he has any for an LJ. And if you do this project, feel free to reach out to me.....I just finished mine a couple of months ago and everything works as it should.

If you haven't seen this thread, it's the process I used. The diagram he included is extremely helpful.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/2003-2006-hardtop-wiring.28790/

I got everything from them. Both harnesses ($125), Wiper/Defrost switches ($40), and Dual Pump Washer Bottle ($30). Bruce is the owner. When I bought mine, he said he had a bunch more.....just not sure if he has any for an LJ. And if you do this project, feel free to reach out to me.....I just finished mine a couple of months ago and everything works as it should.

If you haven't seen this thread, it's the process I used. The diagram he included is extremely helpful.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/2003-2006-hardtop-wiring.28790/
Gave it a shot but they have nothing in stock

Gave it a shot but they have nothing in stock
Here's a thought. It seems that the only difference would be the length of the harness heading to the rear where it plugs into the hardtop, including the washer hose. After you strip out the hardtop wires you need from the donor harness, there are only 5 wires that go to the rear. You could easily splice in an extra length of wire into each of those to extend the length of that part of the harness (you'll have tons of extra wire from the donor harness to do this). You could also easily extend the length of the washer hose with a coupler and a couple of clamps.

Did Bruce say he had any '03-'06 non-LJ hardtop harnesses in stock?

Status
Not open for further replies.