Faded stock side steps

If you are actually steeping on them there probably isn't anything that will hold up that well. I used Rustoleum Fusion, made for plastics, on the pads of the tube bars I had. After one hunting trip of stepping/standing on them, the paint was wearing off. I spent some time prepping too, but it made no difference.

You can increase your chances to reclaim the deep black you are looking for by using a reputable all purpose cleaner ( I use Chemical Guys and/or Adams) and agitate/scrub it really well and cover it with some good dressing (Adams VRT and other good stuff should not be slick, greasy, or super shiny) it should come out looking great.

Not everything can be restored unfortunately.

A lot of detailers see this complaint often and use reputable products and are able to bring stuff back.

Adams VRT https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QVG7MC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

If you are actually steeping on them there probably isn't anything that will hold up that well. I used Rustoleum Fusion, made for plastics, on the pads of the tube bars I had. After one hunting trip of stepping/standing on them, the paint was wearing off. I spent some time prepping too, but it made no difference.

Truthfully, I never use them. I just high step into the Jeep. I've used the fusion on other plastics and have had great results. The other option is to remove them but I do, on occasion, rest my leg on the drivers side as my left (and tan) leg hangs outside the Jeep while I'm cruising 'round town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used this product on my Nissan Frontier fender plastic. Worked great so I used it on the Jeep.
bf9a21feae0dce9adc18dcda27f62d12.jpg
462329dbd1c558ca2af63112acd74f40.jpg
f68b083c038fb58514009978d9887768.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Mother’s back to black and it took 3-4 applications before they looked good. It took a couple weeks before you could step on one without slipping