Farm Jeep

UPJOHN

TJ Enthusiast
12219516_1688400744739248_266320788120063023_n.jpg

Back when my grandmother was 11 years old she lived in Italy and her father (my great grandfather) bought one of these Jeeps after the war to use on their farm. Apparently it was alot of fun to drive around but she kept stalling it. Apparently it was bulletproof and never broke down. That's why she likes my Jeep because it reminds her of the old one that she used to drive. My grandmother said my great grandfather was really stupid because he traded it for a tractor that always broke down.

It's kinda funny, the Land Rover, the Unimog and, I think, the Gelandeswagon were all originally marketed for farm use. Not so much any longer.

And just think! They had REALLY weak axles under those things...by todays standards.

Greetings all,
My name is Barry Thomas and along with my son, Evan, we run www.farmjeep.com. This site is dedicated to our own adventures with early jeeps and preserving the history of the farm jeep. There was an "official" farm jeep, but we include jeeps using standard equipment such as a PTO, governor and 3 point lift to make the jeep perform like a tractor.

Came across this message while doing some research. We often get questions like "came I use my Wrangler as a farm jeep". We know that it has been done, but will address that later. For now, just wanting to do an introduction.

We are always looking for old photos and ads. And give us a visit if you would like more info about Farm Jeeps.

Thanks,
Barry

After WW2, Willys had to try and survive without the military contracts. They marketed the jeep to farmers with all sorts of gadgets. It's a great idea if you ask me.

Check this out.

Hmmm....Looks like you took a swisher trip bucket designed for an ATV, and rigged up a hitch to your wrangler. Works great in loose material, but no down pressure means you won't be digging any holes. In the situations where that bucket would be useful, you'll do more damage driving back and forth with the wrangler than its probably worth for the small capacity of the bucket.

Good Luck with your "invention" tho