Favorite Marvel Movie?

Stox5225

TJ Enthusiast
Okay. So because this forum is awesome like that, what’s your favorite Marvel movie so far??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I’m saying, is it would be awesome to die like Odin does. Just turn to gold dust lol.

Reactions: J R
I actually stopped watching the Marvel Movies after Guardians of the Galaxy (the first one). I got a bit burnt out on the whole superhero thing. They all seemed like the same basic plot to me.

I actually very much enjoyed reading the comics when I was growing up in the 90s, namely Spider Man comics and X-Men. I think my favorite Spider Man series was Maximum Carnage.

Anyways, I started looking for movies and shows with a bit more substance, stuff that really made you think. I like a lot of sci-fi stuff in particular... but real sci-fi, not the Hollywood "aliens invading earth" b.s. they try to masquerade as sci-fi.

I did actually very much enjoy the Netflix Daredevil series though. I thought the casting and character development on that show made it way better than any of the Marvel movies.

In the Marvel Cinematic Universe ;). Blade’s pretty solid though.

I still really enjoy that movie. Maybe because it's a bit different from the rest of the Marvel universe. I always sort of liked those off-the wall characters.

Anyways, I started looking for movies and shows with a bit more substance, stuff that really made you think. I like a lot of sci-fi stuff in particular... but real sci-fi, not the Hollywood "aliens invading earth" b.s. they try to masquerade as sci-fi.

What would you recommend?? My wife and I love those kinds of movies/shows.

I still really enjoy that movie. Maybe because it's a bit different from the rest of the Marvel universe. I always sort of liked those off-the wall characters.

Same here. The Deadpool and early X-Men stuff I enjoy. I was never a comic nerd, but I have friends that are. It makes me enjoy the stuff more when they condone it haha.

Reactions: Chris
What would you recommend?? My wife and I love those kinds of movies/shows.

A few good sci-fi recommendations I have:
  1. The Expanse (Originally on Sci-Fi, now on Amazon Prime. Absolutely love this show, so glad Amazon picked it up for a 4th season! Apparently Bezos is a huge fan.)
  2. Travelers (on Netflix)
  3. Fringe (on Netflix)
  4. Altered Carbon (on Netflix. Note that this is probably what I would describe as a mixture of cyber punk and sci-fi, but man is this one hell of a good show!)
Those are a few good ones that come to mind. Some of them may not be super sci-fi, but they're about as close as you can get on television without reading an actual sci-fi book.

Wow this is a topic that could keep me going...
Could never say a favorite but the ones at top of my list.
Ragnarok & guardians 1&2

Would agree with Chris about the Netflix Daredevil series but even more so the punisher was completely awesome, (might be a little much for kids depending on age)

I am still kind of a comic nerd still have quite a few left in my collection.

Reactions: ElectricWizard
I was blown away by the first Iron man. I never read comic books as a kid, so I had no idea who Tony Stark even was. Billionaire, genius, surrounded by hot chicks, has a cool bachelor pad with an underground garage full of awesome cars, and he can fly! Yeah, I'm in.

Reactions: J R and Stox5225
Probably Thor Ragnarok or the 1st Gardians movie they are the only ones where I can start watching the movie from just about any scene, I have lost all interested in the stuff based on earth, the next phase really needs to go cosmic although I am looking forward to Spiderman Far From Home.

Reactions: J R
In honor of Tom Hardy’s roll in Venom (IMO was epic)

Lethal Protector 1-6

DA09F711-5E60-4A01-9829-BCAB3EB75B2B.jpeg

Reactions: Stox5225