Favorite Sawzall blades and cut off wheels?

I had no clue who Wiha was. Kat snagged a #2 Phillips screwdriver at the Salvation Army and tossed it in the tool drawer for me about 12 years ago. After I used it a couple of times, I found that was the only one I reached for when I had need of that size. Over the years of using it practically daily with zero wear or diminishing performance, I decided to go look up who Wiha was and discovered they are actually a great tool company. Never knew or would have known had she not bought that single screwdriver.
Sometimes randomness leads to greatness!

Do you know why the Easter Bunny?

Because you drop little hidden gems (or eggs if you will) of information littered throughout probably millions of threads and it's up for us (the kids) to find those easter eggs.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Irun
Ya'll ever use Wiha you'll throw that Snap-on shit in the trash.
Wiha is great. I ran into them as a mfg engineer and the Wiha driver bits we were using to drive 2100+ screws a day would last for months before needing replacement. Now, all my screwdrivers and allen keys are Wiha. I really should pony up and buy a set of 1/4" drive bits too.

I doubt there's any left, but Craftsman sold good rubber garden hoses for cheap. They last way longer than vinyl and are nicer to use.

Reactions: oldjeepman
Because you drop little hidden gems (or eggs if you will) of information littered throughout probably millions of threads and it's up for us (the kids) to find those easter eggs.
This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As opposed to putting it all or quite a lot of it in one build thread which was a giant waste of effort.

Maybe one day once you're dead and gone I'll collect all your thoughts on different tools into one thread :LOL:

Ahhh, the infamous TJ6 thread. It lived a short life and will be missed dearly.

Maybe one day once you're dead and gone I'll collect all your thoughts on different tools into one thread :LOL:

Ahhh, the infamous TJ6 thread. It lived a short life and will be missed dearly.
You better get friendly with the trash man.

• Haha
Reactions: Chris
. It lived a short life and will be missed dearly.
By you and maybe 2 more, 3 on a good day. However, my version of cool is coming along nicely. I've got the machinist working on some clamps for my set of custom control arms that no one has ever seen done this way. We'll see if the picture in my head translates to reality as well as I think it will. He is also machining up the hinges for my double latch tire carrier. The hinge boxes are back from the laser shop. Gas tank is in, seats are adapted to the older seat bases and installed. All the armor is done. Belly skid is done with a very cool truss crossmember at the rear edge. Mastercraft was kind enough to sell me some matching seat cloth for the custom door panels so they will match the seat. The glass wiper trims for the upper edge of the door panel are on the way. The latest gen JW Speaker headlights are installed in the refurbed headlight buckets along with the trans and steering cooler. Trying to decide between magnet or 1/4 turn fasteners to mount the door panels. Brake lines are bent up and finished on the rear axle. It is geared, locked, painted, and installed. The electric parking brake I built is finished and installed and tested. Works perfectly. Just about ready to do the front half of the mid arm. Trying to decide between a HP 30 front or a Rubi Dana 44. I have both, lockers for both, gears for both. Can't decide yet for some reason. I also figured out a near off the shelf option for bigger spline outers with larger u-joints but no-one is interested in turning that into a product. It would give RCV some serious grief. And I just about have the hidden gas filler door figured out.

You might only get a very small part of it. For instance, did you know that when I am doing an outboard job I will in turn use a hard Cubitron grinding disk, a Cubitron 36 grit fibre disc, a Sait 6" cut off disc, a Pearl Green Max flap disc, and a wire brush all without changing a single attachment. Yes, I have 5 Milwaukee Fuel 18v 4.5-5" grinders so I don't have to change discs. I also use air die grinders in straight and right angle and I use 4-5 different discs on them and don't have to swap discs because I have a dedicated tool for each disc or drum attachment.

By you and maybe 2 more, 3 on a good day. However, my version of cool is coming along nicely. I've got the machinist working on some clamps for my set of custom control arms that no one has ever seen done this way. We'll see if the picture in my head translates to reality as well as I think it will. He is also machining up the hinges for my double latch tire carrier. The hinge boxes are back from the laser shop. Gas tank is in, seats are adapted to the older seat bases and installed. All the armor is done. Belly skid is done with a very cool truss crossmember at the rear edge. Mastercraft was kind enough to sell me some matching seat cloth for the custom door panels so they will match the seat. The glass wiper trims for the upper edge of the door panel are on the way. The latest gen JW Speaker headlights are installed in the refurbed headlight buckets along with the trans and steering cooler. Trying to decide between magnet or 1/4 turn fasteners to mount the door panels. Brake lines are bent up and finished on the rear axle. It is geared, locked, painted, and installed. The electric parking brake I built is finished and installed and tested. Works perfectly. Just about ready to do the front half of the mid arm. Trying to decide between a HP 30 front or a Rubi Dana 44. I have both, lockers for both, gears for both. Can't decide yet for some reason. I also figured out a near off the shelf option for bigger spline outers with larger u-joints but no-one is interested in turning that into a product. It would give RCV some serious grief. And I just about have the hidden gas filler door figured out.

What size tires are you planning on running on that HP 30 or Rubi Dana 44? If you're running larger than 35s, what are you doing about the ball joints? I'm asking because knowing you you have something cool planned.

It sounds like some seriously cool stuff that we may only ever see in little Easter eggs here and there.