Favorite Sawzall blades and cut off wheels?

Image result for perception and reality

"Each individual has his or her own perception of reality. The implication is that because each of us perceives the world through our own eyes, reality itself changes from person to person. While it's true that everyone perceives reality differently, reality could care less about our perceptions."

Reactions: Moon Eyes and Chris
You might only get a very small part of it. For instance, did you know that when I am doing an outboard job I will in turn use a hard Cubitron grinding disk, a Cubitron 36 grit fibre disc, a Sait 6" cut off disc, a Pearl Green Max flap disc, and a wire brush all without changing a single attachment. Yes, I have 5 Milwaukee Fuel 18v 4.5-5" grinders so I don't have to change discs. I also use air die grinders in straight and right angle and I use 4-5 different discs on them and don't have to swap discs because I have a dedicated tool for each disc or drum attachment.

No, I didn't know that until now. Sounds like you have quite the tool collection.

You said you can do an outboard in what, about 2 days? You're like the pit crew for outboard shocks.

Reactions: Irun
No, I didn't know that until now. Sounds like you have quite the tool collection.

You said you can do an outboard in what, about 2 days? You're like the pit crew for outboard shocks.
Usually takes 4 days for both ends. We get most done in a day but clean up, testing, adjusting, paint, and putting the tank back burns up part of another day. Plus I never know how long it will take to get shocks back from the tuner.

Reactions: Chris
Reactions: toximus
X2 for Wiha screwdrivers.
Their #2 Robertson (square drive) is the best I’ve ever used.
The tip has the correct taper that holds the screw in place as if the driver were magnetized.

I really like the Diablo diamond cut-off wheels Home Depot sells. They are very thin kerf and cut fast, and last a long time. That and since the body is steel, you don't have to be nearly as concerned about blowing up a disc.

Buy the largest diameter your grinder is rated for.

Diablo makes decent reciprocating saw blades as well. Just be careful not to crap them up with aluminum
Not sure what you consider fast but based on your recommendation I purchased a 6", tried to make one cut through the top of a front axle side shock mount and after about 45 seconds, removed the blade and threw it in the trash. My helper showed up a couple of days later and I was telling him about it. He said he had the exact same experience, tried it on one cut, POS would not cut, took it off and threw it in the trash. Thanks asshole, you couldn't have called me and saved me the 20 bucks?

• Dislike
Reactions: TJ Starting
Not sure what you consider fast but based on your recommendation I purchased a 6", tried to make one cut through the top of a front axle side shock mount and after about 45 seconds, removed the blade and threw it in the trash. My helper showed up a couple of days later and I was telling him about it. He said he had the exact same experience, tried it on one cut, POS would not cut, took it off and threw it in the trash. Thanks asshole, you couldn't have called me and saved me the 20 bucks?
Huh. Guess I need to try something else then

I do know the Diablo blades are intended to spin in only one direction, and the way it is painted isn’t necessarily intuitive with most grinders

Any recommendations for a small hammer? 6"ish handle size. Something just big enough to gently tap things.

Any recommendations for a small hammer? 6"ish handle size. Something just big enough to gently tap things.
May need to extend the handle a smidge, but very doable.
1611542557295.png

• Haha
Reactions: toximus
I am a big fan of Estwing hammers personally, But if I’m picturing what you are looking for something like a 12oz ball peen with a wood handle cut down to your liking?

I am a big fan of Estwing hammers personally, But if I’m picturing what you are looking for something like a 12oz ball peen with a wood handle cut down to your liking?
Something like a 4-6oz hammer likely will be the right size.

Reactions: J R