Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monroe any

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • King any

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Other...please list if you chose other

Votes: 8 7.6%

• Total voters
It sure isn't the RC shocks on mine from the previous owner!!!
Ranchos are in the works!!!!

Reactions: Ryan
Wow so far its a pretty clear winner

I must admit I was really not sure about the rancho 5000x since the rancho 5000 was a pretty bad choice for the Tj. But damn they are a nice ride for the money. I've talked to a few locals who had way more expensive shocks to switch and everyone is always surprised.

I was a Bilstein guy for sure and still kind of am in other applications. Our WK had Bilstein up until I sold it last summer and loved them. But in the Tj I always found it a tad stiff for my liking.. Shocks are a hard one as they are just like mattresses.. technically there is a correct firmness but even with that I might not find it comfortable but someone else might find it really comfortable.

Last edited:
Bilstein finally getting some love. Good to see.

Interesting that fox only getting 1 vote.
If I guessed I would've figured rancho 5000x to be in front but not that much.

I definitely thought the results would be more widespread. Shocks are a your ass knows best kind of thing.

Fox 2.0 with or without reservoir can be made to be wonderful or terrible. Same with Kings or any other tunable shock. I've driven 4 different tuned Foxes and each one is distinct.

Reactions: DrDmoney
I’ve only ever had the factory shocks and my current OMEs that went on with the lift. Had to vote for OME. The ride is comparable, if not better than stock.

So I’ve run the ranchos and they ride nice. But I think the best riding shocks I’ve ever run were OEM JK Rubi shocks. They’re perfect for a 3-4” lift and they were butter on and off the road. They’re very easily modified to fit.

Only voted for the shitjackers because its all ive ever owned. Bought the jeep with them on and hate life, I will be going with the rancho rs5000x soon

• Face Palm
Reactions: 02GreenTJ
I’m really happy with my Fox shocks from Savvy. Not sure but I think they are IPF’s and 2.0’s though so don’t want to vote.

I have heard nothing but great things about the OME shocks and their lifts. Maybe because the Rancho 5000x's are more available and cheaper more people are voting for what they have. I'm also curious about the shocks that come with the BDS lift kits? Right now I'm leaning towards the OME 2" lift vs. the BDS 2" lift. About a $400 difference though!

I’m really happy with my Fox shocks from Savvy. Not sure but I think they are IPF’s and 2.0’s though so don’t want to vote.
Huh? The Fox 2.0 I listed is an IFP.

All Fox shocks without the reservoir are IFP.
Let's not confuse the Fox 2.0 with the IFP shock though. Two completely different shocks ;)
Huh x 2 ...

See above

Huh x 2 ...

See above

Oh, ok. Based off Chris’ post I thought they might have different levels. 🤷‍♂️

And I know many like the Rancho. I went with the Fox cause it can be rebuilt and the tune is nice.

Huh x 2 ...

See above

This:

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m=truck&t=shocks&p=1
Versus this:

https://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?m=offroad&t=shocks&f1=type&v1=Smooth Body
The latter is a far superior shock and is what is used on the outboard conversions for our TJs.

The former is a shock that bolts in the stock location. While it's not a bad shock, it can't be tuned to the same level as the latter.

I guess a good way of separating them is that the former is the "Performance Series" and the latter is the "Race Series".

This:

https://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m=truck&t=shocks&p=1
Versus this:

https://www.ridefox.com/filter.php?m=offroad&t=shocks&f1=type&v1=Smooth Body
The latter is a far superior shock and is what is used on the outboard conversions for our TJs.

The former is a shock that bolts in the stock location. While it's not a bad shock, it can't be tuned to the same level as the latter.

I guess a good way of separating them is that the former is the "Performance Series" and the latter is the "Race Series".

So the non resi shocks are performance series.