FCA is cracking down on people using the Jeep name

That's my thought. But technically I can't even sell a shirt with with the "Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum" on it I don't think, because Jeep is a registered trade mark, and I'd be profiting off it, right?
Even if you have to change the name to "Jep Wangler JT Forum" I would still come here.

Now that your shirts are pulled, the ones that are already sold are worth a mint! Everybody likes bootlegged shirts.

Reactions: Chris
Even if you have to change the name to "Jep Wangler JT Forum" I would still come here.

Now that your shirts are pulled, the ones that are already sold are worth a mint! Everybody likes bootlegged shirts.

Naaa, the shirts are back up for sale. I just had to change the title to "Wrangler TJ Forum" (though it says "Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum" on the shirts), which seemed to do the trick!

call this group up, an get them on your sides. http://www.fca.org/ an then call them up - https://www.fcagroup.com/en-US/Pages/home.aspx an tell em your going into battle with them over it. wait hold on, i got a better idea. get all the groups or people, the fca are going after. find a jeep attorney enthusiat to represent for free, an go in an work out a deal, that you all can function, without big auto brother breathing down your neck, for giving them free publicity. if it wasnt for all you who devote their time to the jeep life, they would be out of business. they are the most unconfortable ride in the world. if they won't work out a deal, get all jeep owners to boycott them, put them in bankruptcy, collect the funds to buy the jeep division, turn it into an employee owned company, an get all the stuff, jeep owners been complaing for years on fixed. :) you want me to call them up to set up a meeting. They may even, start supporting you all, bringing you all under their warm an cozy coorporate arms. If I was ceo of fca, i would fire all those wanting to shut you all down, instead of working with you all, to promote the brand, that you all have been graciously have been doing for years. I would also call it treasonous within by attornerys needing to justify work, isolating us jeep sheep. The only reason i am driving this junk piece of crap is cause people wave to me an i am really loney.......:) I am callin em up, to set up a meeting with all those they are unduly harrasing. Give me a week, round up your possies, an find a probono jeep lawyer. :)

IT IS TIME TO FOR THE JEEP SHEEP TO STAND AN BE HEARD BY THE JEEP SHEEP MASTERS.............BAHHHHHH....BAHHHHHHHH.......!!!!!!! an if they dont want to listen to work something out, put a call out to all Jeep Sheep, wanting one jeep part from every state, to be sent to the middle of the United States, to build one jeep, to be torched in effiggy, an in Jeep Sheep solidarity. An I will call up jesus as Mike pence listens to jesus, an as Opra listens to god, an request jesus to represent that he, would rather ride thru the desert strapped to a camel, with bleeding nails in hands an feet, than ride in a welded cambolt jeep, when that corporate jeep corporation, is harrasing the Jeep Sheep instead of working with them, to honor all the hard work they do, day in an day out, promoting the brand without the corporate pay, to keep it afloat. "Let my words be Heard"

An for all those who read this what i just wrote, copy it an send it to the jeep contact us email page, all three

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

img010.jpg

my momma an dadda, rolled me to a hospital in a jeep, in a snow storm, when they born me, they lucky i dont sue jeep for brain damage, from womb bumps an bruises, i sustained bouncin around in that thing....on they way to get smacked.......i cant even put my pants on the right way...

Last edited:
I get not wanting their logo, but we as Jeep owners spend upwards of $80K on a Jeep, not to mention the obsessive mods and we built their brand, I am sure Kia owners don't have a wave known independently, or convoy and raise money. Come on FCA you are greedy and selfish. If we have to change "club names" then how do we identify ourselves properly. Mass pissed off letters to FCA from ordinary owners and members of clubs should happen and we should blast them on Social Media. Let's Play Jeep, Let's Play. Without us there is no you.

The 7 slot grill is also a trademark, they do the same shit to Mopar guys all the time. Just create a bogus LLC, and let them sue you, then tell them to go fuck themselves, they hate sueing someone who has nothing. Lease your computer back back to the LLC, lease the name of the forum to the LLC but make the LLC the holding company for everything. If they win in court, start another LLC and do it all over again. Just run them around in circles and make sure your personal property is legally separated from your website/LLC. Airplane guys have to do this all the time, no lawyer sues if you own nothing, nothing to gain, therefore no profit.
By the way, McDonalds tried this in Scotland, they lost.

How about the forum formally known as Jeep On!!!
.... that’s a Prince reference for you young folks..

Last edited:
You should counter sue FCA for false advertising. They are trying to pass off the jk, compass, patriot etc... as a Jeep, when they are nowhere near a TJ.

Pfft.
That’s funny! When my 7yo daughter sees one of those “Jeeps” when were riding around... She always looks at me and says, “ That’s not a Jeep daddy. That’s a grocery store gitter, with a Jeep sticker.” Makes me so proud. Haha!

• Haha
Reactions: Twopoint
The 7 slot grill is also a trademark, they do the same shit to Mopar guys all the time. Just create a bogus LLC, and let them sue you, then tell them to go fuck themselves, they hate sueing someone who has nothing. Lease your computer back back to the LLC, lease the name of the forum to the LLC but make the LLC the holding company for everything. If they win in court, start another LLC and do it all over again. Just run them around in circles and make sure your personal property is legally separated from your website/LLC. Airplane guys have to do this all the time, no lawyer sues if you own nothing, nothing to gain, therefore no profit.
By the way, McDonalds tried this in Scotland, they lost.

Piercing the veil rules come into play, so this technique must be done very carefully.

Well, all that's about the norm nowadays.

"Jeep" is almost a universal term now for any convertible 4x4, especially a 2 door...like Chlorox is basically the universal term for bleach. The brand has become the category.

It's going to be weird ground for FCA, because the " defendants" are the fan base of their products... basically their own customers.

The term "tread lightly " will come into play.

They can do whatever they want, we will stick em in 4wd and find a way around.....

Reactions: reddvltj and Hog
If I remember right from other discussions on this topic, to defend a copyright and trademark in court they have to have proof that they consistently protect their trademarks and copyrights. To protect their IP from big companies trying to make money they have to protect it from small companies too.

So I wonder whom is really butt hurt about this, F or C ?
I still wish that GM could have bought it from AMC years ago.
FCA can go fca themselves.

Getting a rejection from a t-shirt company has nothing to do with FCA, they are just very careful since they would be the ones held liable since they produced and intially sold it.
I thought the same thing as well. I can understand the stickers, but I don't think they can make you change the name of your Facebook Group.
They are destroying the magic of Jeep and love that jeepers have for Jeep ! We are the reason Jeep is so popular when people include the Jeep name or logo on Jeep groups or tshirts I look at it as advertising for Jeep I think all jeepers need to start a petition to stop this !!

Reactions: Chris