North Carolina Feeler / 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport / 89k miles / 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

phasty20

Price
$12345
Hello,
I have been giving some thought to selling my Wrangler. I have owned it a little over a year. It has only 89k miles. 4.0L engine and 5 speed. Everything works as it should.

-New front brake hoses, calipers, and pads. Newer Rubicon wheels with 32" tires. Approximately 30k on the tires. 5 wheels/tires including spare.
-Zone 3" lift, new stock replacement lower control arms front and rear. Less than 2k miles on the lift kit. While I was installing the lift, I cleaned and painted the undercarriage.
-Quick detach mirrors.
-New windshield.
-Kenwood radio unit with 6.5" speakers. Dash speakers were replaced by previous owner- I don't know what they are but they work and sound good.
-Oil, trans, differential fluids recently changed.
-4.10 rear gears
-Dana 30 front, Dana 44 rear

The rear frame rails were capped by the previous owner. I don't know what it looked like before. I haven't had any issues with it and I have checked all around the frame and found no other issues. I have pictures I took underneath that I can post once I find them.

The body is 100% solid with ZERO rust in the doors, quarters, fenders, hood, floor pans, etc. The paint recently went through a professional polish and ceramic wax. It has a deep, glossy shine and looks excellent. The ugly orange "Wrangler" sticker in the photos has been removed. I only posted this pic to give you an idea of what it looks like with the top on.

I would be listing this on Facebook marketplace when I am ready to sell. I'm not looking to get rid of it until the end of deer season (12/31/20.) I have thoroughly enjoyed this jeep but I just need to get into something bigger. It's a blast to drive but it's just not big enough for my needs.

What would you recommend listing this for? The only potential downside to this jeep is that it has is the safety caps. From my viewpoint, that issue has been addressed but I know it would still steer some potential buyers away. It's a fun wrangler that would make someone a great first car, toy, daily driver, hunting vehicle, etc.

IMG_20200727_185613.jpg

IMG_20200805_222927.jpg

IMG_20200805_222955.jpg

IMG_20200805_223001.jpg

IMG_20200805_223155.jpg

IMG_20200805_223204.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Vasq
No one? Should I list for $10,500 and see what happens? It's hard to find comparable Jeeps around here. Most of them have 150k+ miles or they are in rough condition.

So, in Michigan, in the spring / summer, with this mileage and condition, $11-12k would be about right. The fact it has a repaired frame brings the value down, but frankly not much here if it looks clean. (because everything is rusted out here) Also, no offense, but owning a jeep less than a year can be a negative. All of the fixes you did, are based on appearances and not all of the mechanical issues that can come from a 19 year old jeep. Half doors are not great in Michigan either. If you try to sell that Wrangler in Michigan now, its closer to 8K if that because no one wants to buy before the snow falls.

Thanks for the reply. I would be very happy if I could get close to $11k for it. We will see what happens. We don't really have harsh winters here but I'm sure the Jeep market is a little better in the spring and summer as with anywhere else.

Fortunately, the only mechanical issues I had was a check engine light and an exhaust leak. Each of those have been addressed.

No one? Should I list for $10,500 and see what happens? It's hard to find comparable Jeeps around here. Most of them have 150k+ miles or they are in rough condition.
I’m in Raleigh and would love to check out the Jeep when you’re ready to sell.

Nice looking Jeep and frame photos and listing history of major maintenance record is important too. Frame photos very important. Priced right and GLWS.
List things that are not in photos helps too.
New softtop?
Comes with hardtop?
Half doors and full doors?
AC working?
Lockers?
Lift?
Etc.

It has a soft top, no hard top. It's in good condition but it has started to fade a little. No rips or tears. It has half doors only. Ice cold AC.

New development since my original post: it now has a check engine light for the famous evap leak. I replaced the fuel cap but that didn't fix it. I'll try to fix before selling.

Ever end up selling this? I'm in the market for a TJ and would possibly be interested.
I still have it. I have been busy with work and family stuff so I haven't listed it for sale or made any attempt to sell it. However, I'm ready and willing to sell if you want to come take a look at it. I will PM you my mobile number. As in my post above from 12/22/20, it has a check engine light for EVAP leak. Aside from replacing the gas cap I haven't made any further attempts to fix it.

I still have it. I have been busy with work and family stuff so I haven't listed it for sale or made any attempt to sell it. However, I'm ready and willing to sell if you want to come take a look at it. I will PM you my mobile number. As in my post above from 12/22/20, it has a check engine light for EVAP leak. Aside from replacing the gas cap I haven't made any further attempts to fix it.
If the gas cap didn't fix it and it's like mine, it's likely one of the hoses coming off the EVAP canister under the hood cracked. Easy fix.

GLWTS

Also try cleaning the OEM gas tank seal really well

Reactions: Alex01
Status
Not open for further replies.