Tennessee Feeler post - Front Dynatrac & Stock Rear 44's w/4.56 & ARB's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freeman

Supporting Member
Price
The front axle might have 6k miles, and the rear gears & ARB in the stock housing have the same. Currently under my '04 LJ. Only one off-road trip since install 3 years ago. Life got in the way, it's a third vehicle, etc etc. Anyhow - I was looking to upgrade the rear axles to chromoly, and re-gear both to 5.?? Then I stumbled upon a matched set of axles (44/60) built like I would like. My thoughts, sale the current set and sling the new set under. I don't know the market for a set like this so I'm going to put a number on it, and see what kind of feedback I get. Thanks for your consideration & I would appreciate feedback. Too high/low, dumb idea?? If I need to move the post to another section, please advise or feel free to do so.

Observation, pictures would help, willing to separate? Price is NOT out of the question ( given Ltd info ) we all want a good deal, willing to ship on buyers dime. Age of Lockers and is rear Dana 44 original? Age of Dynatrac and additions to front axle. tenn is not that far from me and would slide right into my ‘06LJ. Holy 💩 I’m 🤔

Looking at Price. I would be remiss if I didn’t say an adjustment would help. DynaT new w ARB would run about $5k. Rear Dana 44’s are plenty

Observation, pictures would help, willing to separate? Price is NOT out of the question ( given Ltd info ) we all want a good deal, willing to ship on buyers dime. Age of Lockers and is rear Dana 44 original? Age of Dynatrac and additions to front axle. tenn is not that far from me and would slide right into my ‘06LJ. Holy 💩 I’m 🤔

It's a package deal, don't want to separate. Would ship and/or help w/pick-up. Age - the front Dynatrac w/it's goodies is three years old, & maybe 6k miles. The rear axle is stock, but the gears and ARB are the same age as the Dynatrac. I just ordered a set of chromo's for the rear from Revolution gear. So that would be included as well.

I looked at the receipt for the front (I forgot what it cost until you mentioned it), it was $4,500 plus shipping, in 2016. Not including the outer C's, u-joints, brakes, etc. You have to re-use the stock outers. I haven't looked at the cost to re-gear & add the ARB to the rear though. I do appreciate your feedback, and I may be the high bidder. If so, that's okay.

I can get photos tomorrow. The weather hasn't been the best here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fouledplugs
1whkem.jpg

Stock width. I just learned that the sale I was hoping to take advantage of, ends on Friday. I wish I'd know about the sale before last week. W/that said, I'm probably going to end this post, unless one of you just have to have them before then. I appreciate all the feedback/interest thus far.

The lack of interest may have to do with the gear ratio. Anyone that needs a Dana 60 would be running 37’s or taller and require lower gears than 4:56. Just my opinion.

The lack of interest may have to do with the gear ratio. Anyone that needs a Dana 60 would be running 37’s or taller and require lower gears than 4:56. Just my opinion.

Both axles are 44's, no 60 included. (Hopefully I understood your comment?) I was looking to upgrade to a 44/60 combo. I agree that the gear sets may not be ideal for all. I'll re-gear them if I keep them. I'm not happy w/the advice I was given by Dynatrac on gear selection.

Both axles are 44's, no 60 included. (Hopefully I understood your comment?) I was looking to upgrade to a 44/60 combo. I agree that the gear sets may not be ideal for all. I'll re-gear them if I keep them. I'm not happy w/the advice I was given by Dynatrac on gear selection.
Okay, I misunderstood. Some of my logic still applies as you know all too well, not low enough gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.