TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Fender Flare Question

almosthavoc

I used some goo gone to clean up some gunk on my fender and ended up getting onto the flare. Thinking nothing of it, I wiped it off with a rag. Well now my (previously) beautiful condition flare is black with a gray stripe in the area I wiped with the rag. My question is, will some product like ArmorAll outlast restore this, or have I screwed myself?

CodaMan

California Prisoner (for only a while longer)
Supporting Member
Do you think this will work for my case? This isn’t gray from fading. I think the goo gone may have wiped off paint, so I was just looking for some input from someone here before I buy a product
It may plus it's only a few $$$ to try.

TrueTexas

TJ Enthusiast
I tried to take some dried on sap off my fender flares with goo gone. Left a shiny patch that I couldn't fix with simple methods including alcohol, mineral spirits, back to black, or any other automotive cleaner. I didn't try what @CodaMan suggested. May be worth a shot.

Keep in mind that I didn't try that hard to fix them as I was planning on replacing them anyway. Now that I have new flares... Lesson learned. No goo gone on plastic flares.

Goatman

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Liquid shoe polish can cover up many sins. Its semi-permanent so it won't come off in the rain, but won't fade quickly either.