Finally found my unicorn

JacksonsGreenJeep

Supporting Member
Hi all! After searching for a long time I finally found and bought my unicorn - a 2005 LJ, automatic, in Electric Lime Green. I wanted an LJ for the space, since my boys are tall and getting taller, an automatic so my family can drive it, and the Electric Lime because of Jackson. This is Jackson…

5FC709C1-FF5E-4012-BBBC-13E0E7B9FBD0.jpeg

Jackson is 14, is on the autism spectrum, and loves bright green Wranglers more than just about anything in the world. Now that we’re living in the CO mountains it finally made sense to buy a Jeep, and I finally found the right one at the right price. Here it is:

B9EB1FDE-1CA6-4AF4-8ADB-9B3082C8E12D.jpeg

It’s in really nice shape and was a southern car from new so there not a speck of rust. It has nice Smittybilt bumpers front and rear, 33” Yokohamas, and I’m assuming some sort of lift but I couldn’t tell you what kind. The previous owner used it as a commuter and never took it wheeling. Now it’s going to get to do Jeep things!

Short term it needs the gas burping thing fixed and for sure some new gears - 33s with the original 3.73 gears may have worked at sea level where I bought it but not at 9k feet in the Rockies. OD on that automatic trans is completely useless right now.

Anyway just wanted to give a quick intro, looking forward to driving everyone nuts with dumb new guy questions!

-Jason

Welcome aboard. Mine burps a little gas at Costco, but not at some other stations. They must run a higher pressure or flow.

I like the extra space of the unlimited. That's why I got one too.

Great looking TJ Unlimited and welcome to the forum! My sons name is Jackson too. I’ll bet your kids will love it!

Reactions: D M
Congrats and WELCOME to the green LJ Club. Hope you make great memories and always keep at least one tire on the ground. ;-)

Thanks all for the great welcome! I found some production numbers that say there were fewer than 500 Electric Lime Green Unlimiteds sold in the US between 2004-2005, and another 91 ELG Unlimited Rubicons in 2005. I figure maybe half of those were automatics, which was pretty crucial for me. Jackson most likely will never be able to get a driver's license due to his disability but with an automatic at least he can drive the Jeep slowly around the private roads in our mountain community.

I feel pretty lucky to have grabbed this one, especially in this condition.