Finally have lift kit money! What to do? OME 2" lift?

xraydave

I've been researching this for a while. but would like to get y'alls opinion.
I have an unmolested 2004 X with a automatic that I will be using as a weekend "get around town " jeep.
It currently rides great, I would like to keep it that way.
Currently, I'm running 31" tires maybe go to 32" when these wear out.
I will probably never go off road with the exception of driving on the beach every now and then.
I'm really just concerned about the Look/stance.
I would like to go with OME spring and Shock lift and I'm thinking since I wont have a winch I will go with the lighter coils vs the stiffer coils.
I will probably do the 1.25 BL also.
Questions:
What else do I need? MML? TC drop? TB relocator?, control arms? Sway Bars? Sterring stabilizer?
I don't want to get it if I don't need it.
BTW: budget is $1000.00
All advice appreciated.
Thanks,

If you go with the OME 2.5" lift it comes with everything you need all for close to $900. You won't need any MML or transfer case drops (not likely). You won't need control arms, TB relocator, sway arms or anything at all.

The whole BL and MML thing will be optional and really is only necessary if you want to do a tummy tuck down the road or add some extra clearance for tires without messing with driveline angles and such.

Reactions: mouth
BTW the 2.5" OME is a fantastic choice. I've run it personally and absolutely love the way it rides and handles.

MML or transfer case drops (not likely). You won't need control arms, TB relocator, sway arms or anything at all.

So should I buy the complete kit even though it comes with the parts that I will not need?
will I need to order the 1.25 BL separately?
Secondly... will I be able to do this in my garage with a floor jack, jack stands and Impact wrench and other air tools?
or do I need a spring compressor like I read in other places.

Reactions: Chris
The OME 2.5" kit comes with springs, shocks and a track bar relocation bracket. All of that is stuff you need, so there's nothing in that kit that you won't need.

You'd need to order the 1.25" body lift separately (I suggest JKS). Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005TTZLE2/?tag=wranglerorg-20

You can definitely do this in your garage. I did mine in my garage with an impact gun and basic tools as well as a jack and jack stands. Other than that those are all the tools you need.

The spring compressor is optional. I've done suspension installs with and without spring compressors, I will say that I actually find it easier with spring compressors so I would get them. You can get them from your local AutoZone as they rent them out for free (that's what I did).

So should I buy the complete kit even though it comes with the parts that I will not need?
will I need to order the 1.25 BL separately?
Secondly... will I be able to do this in my garage with a floor jack, jack stands and Impact wrench and other air tools?
or do I need a spring compressor like I read in other places.

Some may disagree with me but I recommend you watch some u tube videos on the subject. I did and it made my life much simpler also if you do a BL you will either need a MML or adjust your fan shroud. Good luck.

Some may disagree with me but I recommend you watch some u tube videos on the subject. I did and it made my life much simpler also if you do a BL you will either need a MML or adjust your fan shroud. Good luck.
Agree! Research, research, research. Makes life a whole lot easier!