Finally re-geared, locked, & lifted

To me it’s a little stiffer than stock, but it might loosen over time. I think overall it rides pretty good. Since it’s over twenty years old I got the super ultimate kit & replaced everything.

Dirk at dpg off road was easy to talk to & usually returned my calls or texts in an hour or so.

Keep in mind I have never rode in a lifted jeep before, so I have nothing to compare it to. Good luck which ever way you go.
Thanks

Do you recall what color bestop called that? For the last couple years I think Spice is their only available shade of tan, but yours doesn’t look like Spice to me.
Looked at bestop site this morning, it’s dark khaki. You have to buy the top, side & back windows to get this color. No idea why

I like the color, but since I have an LJ my options from Bestop are the same that Henry Ford gave Model T buyers.

I’m hoping to get a gently used factory Khaki top from a forum member this weekend. We’ll see….

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
Well when "fun killer" gives you the OK :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: you are more than welcome to go with us!!!!!!!
Explain to her what lockers are for - hard stuff. Plus they do (or at least can) keep you from beating on one too bad.

I got married because I was tired of being right all the time.

Nice looking Jeep but when you said 👍

” Finally got the chili pepper almost done “ now that made me giggle 🤣🤣 have you learned nothing don’t you know a Jeep is never done
You’re right, there are more things I have thought of since I started this thread. Unfortunately the funds for the jeep are almost done.

FOR NOW!!!!😜

You’re right, there are more things I have thought of since I started this thread. Unfortunately the funds for the jeep are almost done.

FOR NOW!!!!😜

I can see the light at the end of the bottle for my build. Only a few more tens of thousands of dollars to go.

I’ve had a set of those on a Tj, really good tires Robert.
I was a little worried about them at first. I knew I liked how they looked, but didn’t know how they would ride.

She has a 18 rubicon, & has actually used the lockers a few times. The chili pepper is her baby though, so she’s a little protective of it.

Reactions: John Cooper
I was a little worried about them at first. I knew I liked how they looked, but didn’t know how they would ride.

She has a 18 rubicon, & has actually used the lockers a few times. The chili pepper is her baby though, so she’s a little protective of it.
Man you have it going on!

That's where I'm headed shortly... gotta tackle either regear or lift next. OP, beautiful car. Love a nice shade of red. Good contrast with the wheels too.

Reactions: Robert Sullenger
All in how much was the regear? I'm having a hard time getting a shop to quote me.
I had the guy that did the gears do the lift as well. He took me for a ride, & didn’t do a good job. I had to find someone else to readjust pretty much everything. From what I’ve read on here it should be around $1500 give or take. I paid a lot more. Lesson learned I guess.

I would find a shop over an individual like I did. That way you may have some recourse if they do a crap job. Hand shake not so much.😞

Reactions: BlackJeep23