Finally!

Wade

Detail Oriented
Supporting Member
After my first real need for a winch arose in 2004, I swore up and down that I would get one. It would be a Warn M8000 and it would be new. I swore this. And I never had the scratch needed to get one until now.

Got it installed over the past couple of days. Jerry Bransford helped out with a suggestion for the size of some missing hardware that held me up for a few days.

It works great. I am stoked about this mod!!!!!!!
IMG_4324.jpg

Looks great! Way to go on the M8000 as well. I have an M8000 and love it.

I also like the fact that Warn is USA based. Worth the extra coin in my opinion!

Yes, this is true. But I believe (I may be wrong) that the M8000 is USA made.

Thanks, Ron! I am very pleased with it. Of course, you freaking STOLE yours at that price. I am impressed! I thought I got a good price, not a deal, but not inflated at all. But FOUR HUNDRED BUCKS for a NIB Warn M8000? Bravo, man!

Reactions: Ron505 and Chris
Only the expensive Warn winches are USA made.. the cheap ones.. with the WARN label come from Asia.

Winch looks great KUDOS !!

Waiting for the China source. Seriously, are they the source of the the COSTCO $300 12,000 winch?

Last edited:
Only the expensive Warn winches are USA made.. the cheap ones.. with the WARN label come from Asia.

Winch looks great KUDOS !!
There are many differences between made in China and Made in China. Given that the Chinese have the capability to put a man in space, it is quite obvious that they manufacturing and engineering capabilities are as good as or almost as good as ours.

I've chatted with folks at Warn about this many times and the parts they do source from there are not quite your average Chinese parts but are instead made in factories with high levels of Warn supervision and everything is built to their specifications. The only difference in the products that are made that way is the price and location.

When queried as to the reasoning I was pointed to the mantra of the American consumer which is to pay the least amount possible for anything regardless of how long it will last, how durable it is, or whether or not they will need a new one in 2 months. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to perverting quality in favor of price. Were that even the tiniest bit untrue, companies like Harbor Freight, Walmart, et al would not thrive.

Reactions: Ron505 and Stinger
When queried as to the reasoning I was pointed to the mantra of the American consumer which is to pay the least amount possible for anything regardless of how long it will last, how durable it is, or whether or not they will need a new one in 2 months. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to perverting quality in favor of price. Were that even the tiniest bit untrue, companies like Harbor Freight, Walmart, et al would not thrive.

Amen to that. We are indeed our own worst enemy.

You've got people who are constantly looking for the cheapest deal possible, but then they throw a fit when they find out it's made in China, and complain about how the Chinese have taken over all our manufacturing.