Finished building my trailer

gosborne

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Finished building my trailer and took off for the mountains with my fishing buddy.

DSCF6765.JPG

Dscf6832.jpg

DSCF6758.JPG

Dscf6815.jpg

Dscf6816.jpg

Dscf6842.jpg

Dscf6817.jpg

Dscf6854.jpg

trailer fb3.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. I've always thought using the same tires and wheels as the Jeep is the only way to go. Was that a kit or DIY?
DIY ! built the whole thing. It tracks and pulls great. Can't even tell it's behind the TJ. Built the rack on the jeep too.

Last edited:
That looks awesome!! Pairs very well with the Springbar. I have one of those also. If you mate the awnings up between trailer and springbar you'd have a pretty nice little covered area to stay out of rain.

Very nice indeed!
Have built two hunting trailers also. The stabilizers on each side of the reach ran to the front corners, and from there, smaller ones to the front corners of the fenders. With a longer reach, it was possible to shear brush-saplings away from the trailer box.
They were decked with rolled expanded metal.
Your trailer is well thought out, and if you don't mind, I'll incorporate some of your design features.
Good welding and fab work.
See mulie rack(s) in the rafters and a thinhorn? (can't see it clearly) on the wall.

Very nice job sir, thank you for posting construction pics.
Happy trails . . .

That thing is just awesome!! I've looked at these photos 20x and keep finding some really nice subtle and clever details each time. Such a great build.

That thing is just awesome!! I've looked at these photos 20x and keep finding some really nice subtle and clever details each time. Such a great build.
Thank you Bugoutjeep. I put a lot of thought into it. Just finished a paper towel holder for the kitchen side. :) Never had any prints to go from just 40+ years of industrial maintenance and welding. Thanks again! ( I also have Kayak racks for the top as well. )