Fire Extinguishers

Serbonze

TJ Neophyte
Supporting Member
Short and sweet. What's the best fire extinguisher option for our TJs?

I'll be honest, right now I'm just grabbing the one from my kitchen when I go out on the trails. I'm sure that's not the best option.

Reactions: mouth
My preference is a 5 lb. ABC extinguisher which is good for the types of fire situations our Jeeps are most likely to be in. I wouldn't trust any extinguisher with less capacity than 5 lbs. And don't attach it to your roll cage at head height, you never know when it could go flying in an accident.

Mine is mounted down low so I can reach it while seated if I couldn't get out for any reason. It's also mounted low enough so the seat can slide over the top of it if needed, plus it's in a spring-steel clip so it can be retrieved quickly and easily in a bad situation.

FIreExtinguisherNewer.JPG

Last edited:
Back on this, apologies for the delay. Where is the second best option for mounting if the front of the seat is not available?

I have mine mounted on the roll bar. My dad found one when he was renovating a restaurant and picked it up for me. Its more for aesthetics but it looks cool. I still have to remove the tag from it but here is a picture when I installed it...

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

Reactions: Chris
nice spot ^^^^^^, totally out of the way !!
real accessible. real visible with the top off..
I'd put it on the right side... further from the gas filler.

e5778dd5fc000d8ef762f98d03c82bfd.jpg

This is where we put ours.....bad idea lol We are always coming home with head injuries after trail riding lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

It's not just velcro. It is tightening straps also, but it works for now. Only had it a couple months and no issue so far aside from the location lol

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
I need to mount mine but can't do it like Jerry's because I have a battery in each side of the rear floor board. Have 3 bateries for the welder. I need to come up with something and do want it in a handy place.

I need to mount mine but can't do it like Jerry's because I have a battery in each side of the rear floor board. Have 3 batteries for the welder. I need to come up with something and do want it in a handy place.
How would your batteries on the rear floorboard interfere with my fire extinguisher bolted to the base in front of the front seat, as shown above? :confused:

Serbonze, you may want to reconsider those fire extinguisher locations if they are at head-height. :)

Actually I thought that was behind the seat. My mistake. BUt I have a size 16 paw and am thinking there isnt enough room for all 3 in the front.
Your 16s would never come close enough to worry about. And the seat is slid all the way back in that photo...