Firewall pass-through for wiring

cclarke802

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Anyone have any experience with the best place to pass wires through the firewall in an 03 tj with an automatic transmission? Need to run some wiring for switches, and it has to be large enough for a cb antennae wire to go through.

The pre-existing hole is just above and to the right of the driver's side accelerator pedal, but it only exists if you have a manual transmission. That hole is otherwise used for the automatic transmission's shifter cable.

If you have an automatic, an alternative hole is where the clutch hydraulic mechanism would pass its clutch rod through, on the firewall next to the power brake booster, on the driver's side of the brake booster. You can drill through the small plate on the fire wall that is used to plug that hole.

The pre-existing hole is just above and to the right of the driver's side accelerator pedal, but it only exists if you have a manual transmission. That hole is otherwise used for the automatic transmission's shifter cable.

If you have an automatic, an alternative hole is where the clutch hydraulic mechanism would pass its clutch rod through, on the firewall next to the power brake booster, on the driver's side of the brake booster. You can drill through the small plate on the fire wall that is used to plug that hole.
Thank you that s what I ended up doing. Had to make a couple of the wire runs longer but other than that was a great driver side access point

Thanks added a bigger light bar but it has a purpose. We sometimes shoot at night at a friends property but at the distance I'm comfortable parking the tj the old lights didn't quite have the punch we needed so I went big with the last light I'll ever add lol

Reactions: Chris
Ahhh, I could see how that light bar would come in handy when shooting at night!

Is this the spot you are talking about? Thanks!
jeep1.jpg