First concert?

Westtown Willy

TJ dummy
Supporting Member
Mine was KISS in 79 at the Philadelphia Spectrum & Judas Priest opened

I was a 13 year old little pissant, it was so cool.

I'd love to hear other's stories, dates & times

Chicago when they were really Chicago with the brass horn section, before they turned into a pop band, at the Jones Beach theater here on Long Island, NY early 80's

Bush, Sixteen Stone. That was back in the early 90s when I was in middle school.

Reactions: EJD
Several great songs off that album!

Indeed! I grew up in the 90s, so bands like Bush, Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, and most of those other "grunge" bands from the Seattle area were very, very popular during that time.

Stone Temple Pilots were another big one around that time as well.

Reactions: Tjrubicon
Indeed! I grew up in the 90s, so bands like Bush, Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, and most of those other "grunge" bands from the Seattle area were very, very popular during that time.

Love them all! And don't forget Alice In Chains!

Reactions: Tjrubicon and Chris
Love them all! And don't forget Alice In Chains!
Seen em. Opened for Van Hagar. They were fantastic. Only opener I have seen that came back out for an encore set. It's too bad Layne Stanley couldn't stay off the horse. I was a huge fan back then and still listen time to time.

Reactions: Squatch
Seen em. Opened for Van Hagar. They were fantastic. Only opener I have seen that came back out for an encore set. It's too bad Layne Stanley couldn't stay off the horse. I was a huge fan back then and still listen time to time.
The only Alice in Chains song I just won't listen to is "Man in the Box". The lyrical content doesn't settle well with me. Otherwise, I think they were one of the best. Staley had a way of doing a song that was quite unique. I've heard it referred to as "Drone Rock", or simply "Drone". All I know is, it was awesome.

Last edited:

Still like me some Sound Garden. The rest I can't listen to, especially Nirvana. Just never could get into them.

Reactions: Chris
Still like me some Sound Garden. The rest I can't listen to, especially Nirvana. Just never could get into them.

I was never much of a Nirvana fan. Admittedly, I don't listen to that type of music anymore, I stopped in the late 90s I think. All I'm real into now is Blues, Jazz, and really good classic rock (i.e. The Allman Brothers).

Reactions: Sancho
Interestingly, Sound Garden was the one I was the least fond of, as Chris Cornell's voice was fantastic, but just a little too rich for my tastes. Like cheesecake, I can only take it in small doses. Nirvana, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, and Stone Temple Pilots are still some of my main staples.

Reactions: Sancho
Poison, opening for David Lee Roth in 1986. :eek:

Ha I went to that same concert in Seattle at the coliseum (now Key Arena). It wasn't my first, but the reason why I bring it up is the concert started super late, and they were pumping Huey Lewis and the News through the audio for what seemed like forever. then at about 45 minutes later an announcer came out and announced that Poison didn't show up, but they called a local band to take their place. Of course everybody boo'd! Then about a half hour longer and more Huey Lewis, Out comes Soundgarden. of course nobody knew who they were back in 86, so they didn't even get one song out and people were throwing things at the stage, and they left. The announcer scolded us, and yep you guessed it more Huey Lewis. Then about an hour later David Lee Roth came out of the ceiling on a surf board. It wasn't a great concert, and regretfully, I never did go back to see Soundgarden when they did get big and toured, No refunds it was a drag.

My first concert was Heart at the same place a couple of years earlier. Those girls could rock it!