First concert?

First concerts as a teenager, both in Dayton, OH @ Hara Arena:
KISS 1984 (no makeup)
AC/DC 1985

AC/DC definitely was the better show with more energy...I don't think Angus Young's pulse went below 130 bpm the whole night!

Reactions: B252 and Squatch
Ozzy's Ultimate Sin show with Queenryche as the opener. 1986. I had just turned 12. I went with my 20yo uncle, 18yo cousins and their friends.

Reactions: mots
First - 1981 Billy Squier

The one I should have lost my man card for - 1989 Janet Jackson - I went willingly

I have not been to too many concerts.
Besides the above:
38 Special -1983
Garth Brooks - twice - 90s
Billy Joel & Elton John together - late 90s?

Reactions: mots and Squatch
AC/DC January or February 1982, Mcnichols sports arena. I was 6, went with my older cousin who was 17 or 18 at the time. Still one of my favorite childhood memories, and the reason I love live music to this day.

The Who.
Pontiac Silver dome, December 1975.

Side note: I saw Billy Joel open for The Beach Boys at the Pine Knob outdoor theatre in Michigan, July of 1976

Reactions: mots
I will say it out loud, a lot of you have seen some rad shows/concerts. For myself it was a lot of punk bands in pools halls, back alleys and more.

1st I paid for was Social Distortion at House of Blues in Anaheim!

(Off topic, met my wife when I lit her pants on fire by mistake at a dive bar during an Agent Orange show in Vegas Haha)

Don't remember cuz those brain cells are toast. But back in the 80's, it was The Blues. BB King, Bonnie Raitt, Buddy Guy, SRV. Santana, Steely Dan, Robert Cray, ...

Reactions: J R and Squatch
I'm embarrassed to say. Billy Joel. I was stuck in the Marine Corps and it was close and my friends made me go. lol.

The best person I ever saw live was Al Green at the food festival in Seattle. Either the Bite or Bumpershoot. I'm sure I screwed that spelling. He went on before Little Richard. But had his shirt off by the third song. He was sweating so badly. And blew the doors off the place. Little Richard wasn't nearly as good. Al Green moved me to my soul.

The best band I'd never heard of was Mother Love Bone. Many of the band members went on to form Pearl Jam if I'm not mistaken. As the lead singer died a short time later. The lead singer would have been a HUGE star. He was uber talented and a massive showman. It was like seeing Elton John before he was famous. I swear to god. He had long flowing white hair. And played a piano in a Grunge band as the frontman. It was truly unique. You had to see him live to get it. His music videos on youtube don't do it justice.

Seattle is such a great place to take in Music. So many festivals with so many performers. We'd spend the whole weekend running from one part of Seattle Center to another. Seeing legendary musicians blow you away. And at the time it was like a 10 dollar cover for the entire event. If you added up each concert you saw it would cost you thousands in tickets. And you'd have to wait weeks in between.

Reactions: Squatch
1st concert was Three Dog Night in 71, this Friday Joe Bonamassa..

I remember listening to Three Dog Night on the radio. Especially Casey Kasem's American Top 40 on Sundays. Remember when we'd all wait and listen to the top 40 on sunday night iirc. I was just a kid. But I had a radio. The little town I lived in only played top 40 and classical on another station. The whole punk movement flew right over our towns heads. It wasn't until I moved to the big city. That I discovered so much music outside of the top 40. But for my formative years. Bands like Three Dog Night took me away. In my mind and heart at least.