First concert?

Bruce Springsteen - September of 1975 - Omaha Music Hall - he was warm-up for Manfred Mann - Mann was a no show - blew me away - my bud ripped off the tickets from the radio station he worked at, saved 6 bucks each.

Yeah, he really didn't last after The Loving Spoonful disbanded.
I didn't then and don't now know much about him or even care for that matter. It was the first concert in the area, I went because it was the first concert I knew of that I could make it to. The second one I attended was to see if the first experience was a fluke. It wasn't.

I certainly went to some smaller shows before this. Even, strangely, Amy Grant at the county fair. But my first real concert was Pink Floyd at Camp Randall in 1988. That was the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour, so Roger Waters was long gone. But they put on a damn good show.

We had to camp out overnight in line at Sears to buy the tickets. And someone in line who was pissed off at the parking lot light that was shining on everyone all night shot it out with a pellet gun.

Then we bought bootleg t-shirts, which was the worst quality shirt I ever owned. And we spent the whole day and night biking around town from one Pink Floyd party to the next.

Reactions: DrDmoney