First Jeep

Bmali

Hello all, happy to be a part of this forum. I’ve already learned a lot about my Jeep and TJ’s in general from this forum. I currently live in TN and I bought my first Jeep about a month ago, it’s a 97 Sport 4.0, 5 speed manual with only 59K original miles. I purchased it because i personally think my truck that i currently have is too much and wanted something more simple and that i could put some love into. wanted some advice on upgrades, it’s mostly stock from what i can tell. The frame had a little rust because it was a northern Jeep so i already addressed that. It has 31” tires but no lift or spacers. I already purchased a hard top and looking for full doors, because i want a soft and hard top but i can do without the half doors. Any advice or recommendations is appreciated!

EC8560F7-7AEC-4809-8FA8-22AA39583BEC.jpeg

Reactions: THEREALJIM
Definitely keep the half doors. What plans do you have for it?
Not planning on doing any hardcore off-roading or crawling. The most it will see is mild trails and will be my daily as well. Was going to try and trade the half’s for full doors just to offset the cost of them. And i am likely to move to a colder climate pretty soon so i thought full doors would be a better way to go.

Not planning on doing any hardcore off-roading or crawling. The most it will see is mild trails and will be my daily as well. Was going to try and trade the half’s for full doors just to offset the cost of them. And i am likely to move to a colder climate pretty soon so i thought full doors would be a better way to go.

Makes sense. They make hard uppers with a slider window if you want something a bit more weather worthy, but I get it. I couldn't live without my full doors. You should have no problem selling those half doors.

My 2 cents, soft top and heater is good for winter around the mid Atlantic area. Gets to about 20 degrees for typical lows in the winter, may not need the hardtop....just a thought. Nice looking TJ, congrats.

My 2 cents, soft top and heater is good for winter around the mid Atlantic area. Gets to about 20 degrees for typical lows in the winter, may not need the hardtop....just a thought. Nice looking TJ, congrats.
Yeah you’re right there, I’ve noticed it’s not bad with a soft top in the 20’s. The heater kicks pretty hard in the Jeep, but the hard top will be good for sound mitigation as well which will be nice since it will be my daily and see some highway time. Definitely keeping the soft top for summer excursions though!