First outing with the new RTT Trailer

Does that floor slide out on your trailer?
It is a pull out tray, one one side (in the picture) will be a cooler or a 12v fridge when funds allow, on the other side I am making a fold out kitchen set up. There will be a sink and counter space as well as a place to hang the portable water heater. I have plenty of room for around a 16 - 18 gallon water tank under the trailer and forward of the axle. The pull out tray is 3 feet deep so the front half of the trailer is open storage/place to mount battery and assoc. electrical stuff. The top is a hinged lid, I am putting two 120 lb. gas lift struts on it, the lid and the RTT together will be a bit heavy......

I hope it fits and is easy to attach to the trailer.
Maybe I missed this but do you know what tent you are getting? I have the Smittybuilt XL if you are getting that one it is super easy to install and I can take measurements for you if you like. If not I bet they are all easy to install.

I could take more pics too if you like. Although it will be dark tonight so may have to wait til this weekend.

Maybe I missed this but do you know what tent you are getting? I have the Smittybuilt XL if you are getting that one it is super easy to install and I can take measurements for you if you like. If not I bet they are all easy to install.

I could take more pics too if you like. Although it will be dark tonight so may have to wait til this weekend.
I appreciate it AC....but don't need any pictures. It is a Smittybuilt.... don't know if it's XL or not, will find out when I go look at it. Going to take my trailer with me when I go.

Reactions: ac_
It is a pull out tray, one one side (in the picture) will be a cooler or a 12v fridge when funds allow, on the other side I am making a fold out kitchen set up. There will be a sink and counter space as well as a place to hang the portable water heater. I have plenty of room for around a 16 - 18 gallon water tank under the trailer and forward of the axle. The pull out tray is 3 feet deep so the front half of the trailer is open storage/place to mount battery and assoc. electrical stuff. The top is a hinged lid, I am putting two 120 lb. gas lift struts on it, the lid and the RTT together will be a bit heavy......
I would like to make my whole floor slide out towards the back.

I would like to make my whole floor slide out towards the back.
I thought about that but then there was no place to put luggage/duffles for clothes, etc. I did not want to pull out the tray to access drinks/food or to cook and have our clothes and stuff exposed to weather..... It also allows me a place to put a battery and the electrics without having them moving every time I pull the tray out......

I thought about that but then there was no place to put luggage/duffles for clothes, etc. I did not want to pull out the tray to access drinks/food or to cook and have our clothes and stuff exposed to weather..... It also allows me a place to put a battery and the electrics without having them moving every time I pull the tray out......
Did you buy chance do a build thread on your slidind floor? I would like to build one where the whole thing slides.

No I didn't, I built my own sliders as well. My set up is actually a complete lift out, I am currently building the four posts/jacks with wheels so I can lift it and pull the trailer out from under the "skid load". It is framed in 1" square steel tubing and sheathed in 1/2" plywood (the bottom is 3/4" plywood) then I primed it and painted it with Monstaliner on the outside. The inside I am not sure how I want to finish it yet. The slide tray is similar construction, steel frame with 1/2" plywood for panels. The tray is 33" wide and 36" deep. I can pull it all the way out and stand on it (200# +) as long as I have my rear stabilizers down to keep the trailer from tipping backwards (or have it hooked up to my LJ).

No I didn't, I built my own sliders as well. My set up is actually a complete lift out, I am currently building the four posts/jacks with wheels so I can lift it and pull the trailer out from under the "skid load". It is framed in 1" square steel tubing and sheathed in 1/2" plywood (the bottom is 3/4" plywood) then I primed it and painted it with Monstaliner on the outside. The inside I am not sure how I want to finish it yet. The slide tray is similar construction, steel frame with 1/2" plywood for panels. The tray is 33" wide and 36" deep. I can pull it all the way out and stand on it (200# +) as long as I have my rear stabilizers down to keep the trailer from tipping backwards (or have it hooked up to my LJ).
That's great! That's just what I need!

I will try and post some
IMG_4090.JPG
IMG_4091.JPG
IMG_4092.JPG
IMG_4093.JPG
IMG_4090.JPG
IMG_4091.JPG
IMG_4092.JPG
IMG_4093.JPG

Reactions: Scott B.