First post / new owner

can't believe those lights are the stock ones. I was sure they were aftermarket. They no longer work, but that's no big deal because I plan on replacing them.

It's been blowing cool air since I got it. I had a radiator flush done on it, but that didn't help. The fan only worked on the high speed, so I replaced a resistor on it and that did work. I decided to change the actuator on it to see if that would cause the cool air, but once I got it out it was working okay. The lines going into the firewall were warm to the touch, so I have no idea what's going on with that. I think she may have to go to the dealer to have this diagnosed.

Reactions: Chris
I have a 3 1/2" lift with 33" tires. I don't plan on going any higher or taller tires, I like mine where it is.View attachment 73168
This thread nails it....in my opinion ..,and that’s all it is ...an opinion ....a TJ only needs lifted so much and tires so big..,,

I’m deliberately not throwing out numbers because a pack of wolves may get stirred up....

But in my construction business we try to keep things to scale a lot ....hope that makes sense.

33 inch tires look great , don’t destroy the power , work well and are easier in the components than larger tires.

The Jeep above looks good in every way.

Great looking TJ! It's getting harder and harder to find stock TJs! I got lucky with mine in the summer of 2017, though it was a Rural Postal Jeep, it was completely stock!

Also neat to see another automatic! I believe yours being a 2002 is the 32RH 3-speed automatic! Great transmission just make sure to keep it cool!

Welcome to the boards!
-Grant

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Nice looking sled. I love the white Jeeps. While that differential may not be a fan favorite, many folks have had good luck with them for a long time. You can keep your eyes open for a compatible used Dana 44 and it would be fun project. Wish I could send you one, there are tons of them here in Dubai. My advice, don't be impulsive, study and plan your mechanical attack. I have bought more than a few parts I later regretted. I also have become a familiar sight at the local Jeep junkyard. The Afghani owner breaks out in a broad smile every time I pull up.
IMG_2104.JPG

Reactions: TJRoachicon