First time Jeep owner from the Natural State (Arkansas)

dardenzo

Hello there!

I just took the plunge and bought a 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport.

I've got a bunch of kids, and want especially to get my 3 boys off road and having fun off the beaten trail.

We live in a beautiful spot in Northwest Arkansas, and I'm excited to fully take it in in this new way.

I've got the Jeep newly purchased and in the shop for a few minor items before I get after it.

I'm very new to all this. Does anyone know anything about this performance intake system in the photos? What does it help with, and is this a big benefit, or just a personal preference?

Thanks, looking forward to connecting with this community!

Image from iOS (4).jpg

Image from iOS (3).jpg

Image from iOS (2).jpg

IMG_0936.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

Reactions: Scout734
Nice Jeep, can’t say much about the electronics, but your aftermarket air intake does nothing for a TJ. Except let more dust in, I had one and swapped it out. It isn’t going to kill it either, just typically not the best add on for a TJ. Love white jeeps! Lots of good info here to sift through! A year later and I could have done nothing without the help on this forum!

Welcome to the forum, that edelbrock piece is a throttle body spacer and just like the aftermarket intake, isn’t necessary. Very easy to remove and return to stock if you want. As mentioned, I’d keep my eye out for a stock air box too. I’m not familiar with the chip by your pcm. The previous owner was really trying to hot rod that thing. Nice TJ though, it’s in the best color! 😉