First Time Wrangler Owner, and it's a TJ - Michigan

Mikester86

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't 4 U
Supporting Member
First time Wrangler owner!
2001 Sport 5 speed manual
I-6 4.0 144,000 miles
What I believe to be about a 4" suspension lift. ( I measured the springs compared to stock, which I learned on these forums!) :)
Currently 35x12.5x15 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires (Looking to sell them and replace with 33x10.5x15 BGGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO2's)
Was Kentucky vehicle, but saw 2 winters in MI from PO. Will be garage stored and purchased for warm weather fun.

Once we are back into the warm weather around here, Interior detailing is a must, as it is currently quite filthy. Will work on frame rust removal and prevention, as well as body touch up/paint and detailing. Looks like this thing has not seen a coat of wax in years.

Plan on adding side steps, as the step in currently is around 35" or so. want to replace headlights with LED's as well as tailgate hinge replacement.

Lots to do, a lot I want to do, my wallet is already crying. Had rear axle seals replaced, as passenger side was leaking. Front pinion seal replaced and ignition cylinder.

I have learned so much already, greatly in part to these forums! I was able to fix the KC lights, bypass the clutch safety and learned what fuse to remove when the doors are taken off! The PO had zero interior lighting, now all are fully functioning with LED replacements!

Happy to have joined the club, and looking forward to some warm weather fun! Now if there were only some cool southeast Michigan trails.........

Thanks for reading,

Mike

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport.jpg

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport1.jpg

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport2.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Chris
Oh yes, your pockets are definitely already crying. It's so easy to dump massive amounts of money into these things... it's just crazy.

I like the color though, and the look!

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your first Jeep. Make sure once Summer rolls around that you take the top AND doors off. You'll absolutely fall in love with it all over again!

Reactions: Mikester86
Forgot to add Dana 44 / Dana 30, I believe 3:73 Gearing. I have no idea if the gears were ever changed.

Welcome from another Newbie! I just joined yesterday and just got my new to me 99 Wrangler. Yours sure is nice. I love the color!! :D

Great colour ...But I maybe bias...haha...Welcome to the forum...Feels like I'm preaching to the choir when it comes to how helpful this forum is.
Roll on that warmer weather so you can lose the doors and roof...(Just thought I'd add I've been running like this for the last 6 -8 weeks hehe :sun_smiley: )