First Timer from West Georgia

RoscoeJack

Supporting Member
Hello all. I don’t know the forum and apologize if I am not doing this correct, but I’m excited to be a part of this group of TJ lovers. I own an LJ that I don’t intend to modify extensively. I will be making some minor modifications (seat covers, stereo, dash switches, etc.) in the near future and I expect that I will have to do some minor repair and maintenance as needed. JeepOn!

Modified or not, you own probably the coolest LJ ever made... A Rubihara! They only made 1000 of them, and they're very cool. @JeepZilla380 has one, and @Starrs is lusting after one.

Anyways, hold onto that thing, especially if it's clean. It's a very awesome vehicle, even in stock form!

What are the specs on yours? Auto? Manual? Miles? Those are nice, and if I didn’t have a wedding to pony up for I’d be in the club right now!

Also I know the proper nomenclature is rubihara..but doesn’t Saharacon just have a better ring to it? Maybe it’s just me haha

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Thanks to you all, I’ll post more pics soon and yes it is clean. I made a list when I was looking and I got everything I wanted except miles. I wanted less than 50k but I ended up at 56k. I’m a few over that now. I wanted a LJ Rubicon with a manual and less than 50. I also wanted one that wasn’t abused. The Saharacon just kind of fell in my lap. Thanks again for the compliments.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Welcome to Jeep ownership from Rubihara (or Saharacon) #380! Just a bit north of you in Kennesaw, GA. What number is yours?

If you're active on the Facebook there is a great group of Rubihara owners at "2005 Rubihara Owners Group", also serves as a registry for our Jeeps.

Reactions: RoscoeJack
So close and ...so close. This has always been a Southern Jeep. Started out in the Florida panhandle made it’s way to Louisiana, Arkansas and now Georgia. I’ve been stalking this forum and have learned a lot about LJ’s. There is a ton of good ideas and maintenance tips here. I’m from Cobb County.

89B63DB8-3DA9-4083-ACF7-EF8397A3B82B.jpeg

So close and ...so close. This has always been a Southern Jeep. Started out in the Florida panhandle made it’s way to Louisiana, Arkansas and now Georgia. I’ve been stalking this forum and have learned a lot about LJ’s. There is a ton of good ideas and maintenance tips here. I’m from Cobb County.

View attachment 65187

Nice, 401 wasn’t already on the registry! Another Rubihara found! Mine started life in Marietta, GA where she was purchased and then right over the border to Chattanooga, TN. I’m the second owner and brought her home! There are a few Rubihara’s in GA, we’ve been talking about trying to coordinate a get together for a while now. Be cool to get a few together for some pics.

Welcome to the forum...your in good hands here with plenty of people able to offer advice if or when you need it.
Mods or not its your LJ so build it for what your doing with it...(psssst its already a very capable Jeep) lol

Nice, 401 wasn’t already on the registry! Another Rubihara found! Mine started life in Marietta, GA where she was purchased and then right over the border to Chattanooga, TN. I’m the second owner and brought her home! There are a few Rubihara’s in GA, we’ve been talking about trying to coordinate a get together for a while now. Be cool to get a few together for some pics.
Was number 214 registered?