Fitting a Safari Snorkel

arnooel

Want to hear the tales from other TJ Owners and get a few tips on fitting a Snorkel on a 2005 TJ, RHD

After a lot of head scratching and replacing wet air filters, I decided its time to get a snorkel fitted to the Jeep, so I gone for a Safari snorkel

I'm impress with the build quality of it, not so much with the instructions that came with it.. after a few times of rereading the instructions, making an extra template out of the box it came in (just to be sure), I decided to get stuck in and start fitting it.

Measuring and drilling that 3" hole was a bit nerve wrecking, but I'm pleased to say everything lines up perfectly.. I'm not so impress with the plastic inserts on the A Pillar, might swap it for blind rivets, as I'm sure it will be more sturdy

Here's a few initial pictures

20180325_164758.jpg

20180325_164859.jpg

20180325_171256.jpg

Next step is to route the air hose from the snorkel to the airbox .. this is now where things start to not get a bit difficult.

The hose need to go through a spot where I need to remove the vacuum reservoir, but this is under the ABS pump. (For LHD TJs this is straight fwd, just remove the Battery). I'm not to keen to undo all the brakelines to remove the ABS pump to get to the vacuum reservoir and enlarge a hole under the tray to route the hose through ..

Wonder what other done, is there a different option (I am thinking to route the hose differently), or should I just get on with it..

20180330_145621.jpg

Unbolt the pump from the tray then slide the tray out if you can. The pump will just sit there with all the hard lines on it.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Done that, but need to get the vacuum resaviour out and can't lift the pump high enough to do that

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk