Fix it or not?

Ahoragi

TJ Addict
I boil water for coffee and the pot is white on the inside after a week. If I leave it any longer then pieces break off and end up in the coffee. I believe this is hard water.

The lady says fix it before she mutates and dies. :rolleyes:

Do I really need to fix it?

It's well water FYI.

Most likely lime and yes you can filter it with a whole house filter. It would also save your shower heads and faucets. Do not do the faucets you water plants and grass with they tend to wilt and not do well! Had this problem in CA when I lived there best thing I did!

Reactions: Chris
Sounds like some seriously hard water. Not sure I would drink well water myself:thinking:

I grew up with well water so I'm kind of used to it. I had my water tested last year and it came back clean and safe to drink. It tastes so much better than city water. A hint of lemon to it.

j/k

Most likely lime and yes you can filter it with a whole house filter. It would also save your shower heads and faucets. Do not do the faucets you water plants and grass with they tend to wilt and not do well! Had this problem in CA when I lived there best thing I did!

What kind of filtration did you use?

Reverse osmosis, similar to the Culligen water softener/treatment unit. They are available at major hardware stores and usually can be self installed! Here in the counties a lot of the water has a copper taste to it and the filters take care of that too (WA state)!

Just put a water softer in your jeep, oh wait we're talking about a well not jeeps. Anyway, I grew up with well water and we had the same problem. If you caking up that quick it's extreme hard water so def get a softer. It's totally not harmful to drink, just a pain in the ass to clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeM
Ok I'm looking at a whole house GE water softener with a sediment filter before it. I noticed a bit of black dirt at the bottom of my humidifier and on the filter screen of the washing machine.

I'm guessing this should be plumbed after the pressure tank?