Fixed rear break lights on 2003 chevy express

Matt77

TJ Enthusiast
I know this is a Jeep forum. But my rear brake lights and high light were out on my 2003 chevy express 1500. I poked around the sockets and fittings with my continuity tester light and no power to brake lights with the brake pushed in. Of course I tried changing the bulbs first, wishful thinking. It ended up being brake light switch attached to the brake pedal. Let me tell ya for a $13.00 part it was a royal pita. As I'm sure some of you guys have changed these before and they are in easier locations. Mine was stuck between the brake pedal and the wall of the cab. You can't see what your doing and the square metal clip was about to make me lose my s#!t. Lol. I did watch like 10 videos on this procedure on YouTube. The hardest part was getting the metal square clip off and back on. Feeling accomplished. :aaaaa:

Reactions: Chris
Glad you got it fixed. I always love that feeling of accomplishment. I most recently had that when I completed the 4th bedroom addition in out house.

Reactions: Matt77
Same thing for a while back. High/low beam switch in my Winnebago Moho. Workhorse chassis (like a bread van), no driver side door. $20 part, if I had it done by someone else, probably would have cost $200. I did get to vacuum up a bunch of the PO's dog hair though.

Reactions: Matt77