Fixing dents

Mumblewood

TJ Enthusiast
So I’m at the point where I want to make my Jeep look a bit better. I have some dents I want to try to remove and wondering if anybody has any ideas or tips on removing a large dent. A few years ago I flopped my Jeep in a comp and have had a good size dent in the tub ever since. My brother used to do body work and had to tools to fix it but his shop got robbed last year and they took a ton of his tools (like over 100K worth) so I don’t want to bug him right now about it but if I can’t fix it, then I’ll have him do it.
Here’s a pic of the dent

1090158F-E368-4433-BA26-BDBBBA273D0A.jpeg

without pulling the dash?
idk BFH and some wood blocks.

steel plate on the other wall and rig up a long ram you can use on a port-a-power, and push it out.

That dent in a bad spot for repair imo. I’m sure someone will say you could weld rods onto it and use a puller to pull them out but it would be expensive for a professional todo and you wouldn’t be happy with the results if you did it at home.. might need to stay as a badge of honor

ps.. liked your snow wheeling pics

Reactions: Fouledplugs
without pulling the dash?
idk BFH and some wood blocks.

steel plate on the other wall and rig up a long ram you can use on a port-a-power, and push it out.
I haven’t looked in a while but I remember right I don’t think I can get a port-a-power in there,

That dent in a bad spot for repair imo. I’m sure someone will say you could weld rods onto it and use a puller to pull them out but it would be expensive for a professional todo and you wouldn’t be happy with the results if you did it at home.. might need to stay as a badge of honor

ps.. liked your snow wheeling pics
Thanks, yeah if I can’t do it good then my brother can, I just don’t want to bug him right now on it since he’s pretty busy and I don’t know if his body tool got stolen or not. He was my co-driver when I did it and said he could fix it when his shop got built, but timing hasn’t been on our side.

Take the top piece off , shouldn't be hard, remove cowl and start looking for bolts. then hammer it out. Then maybe from above or below you can get in there with a board or something and pop it out. Cheap easy good enough

If you want it right you’re going to need your brother.