Fixing front fenders

mattyice2

TJ Enthusiast
I'm working on fixing up my front fenders the best that I can. How should I fill up this hole before I paint over it?

Fender.jpg

If you want to replace them there not that expensive, buttt if not I would remove the fender and repair, that rust could be alot more than it looks and between body and fender. I replaced mine after a closer look when removed . good luck, I bought mine on Amazon.

Probably should do new fenders.

You could also just slap on some epoxy though and use burst of red spray paint. Kind of depends on your expectations and how long you want it to last.

Might be worth a go to use some naval jelled/ other rust neutralizer to slow that cancer down before attempting the fill.

Any solution other than replacement is going to be short lived. The rust you can't see is growing all the time and will eventually rear its ugly head and kill your paint job. This is either a big deal or it isn't depending on ones use for the jeep etc

There are only two cures for rust that isnt just on the surface. Either replace the fender or cut out the rusted metal and weld in new metal. Everything is just a short term ghetto cosmetic bandaid.